League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Played another. Players were a BIT better. But still way inexperienced. "Is that his ult?"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They do make good videos.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Sion was a jerk bopping cute little Irelia like that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Current bonus game mode is URF. Near 0 cool down and unlimited mana. CRAZY fast action. There's a cannon that launches you half way across the map to get to action quickly.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Apparently Microsoft sponsored, or is sponsoring, a tournament. A tech of mine participated and came in second place for the state. They were beat by a team of Asians who are now going on to regionals.

How many of you would have come out of retirement to participate?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think I heard they reworked Morgana, one of my faves.

I've never seen a rework I was happy with.

Makes me not want to ever play again.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: How many of you would have come out of retirement to participate?
For that? Honestly, maybe.

Here's the big problem though, the game has evolved way beyond me. I remember moves, but I don't remember builds or what other characters do. It'd take a long time and lots of practice before I felt confident again to play in something like that. That's time I don't have, and don't want to invest right now.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

All you have to do is play 3 games learning one champ. Then hope it doesn't get picked or banned. I wouldn't want to try TOOO hard to win. I don't want to feel obligated to go to regionals.

Also, in this tournament, you would have been guaranteed third place. Only two teams showed up for some reason. HUGE marketing failure by MS. I have to wonder if people were afraid to go for similar reason you mentioned.

My tech can brag he's currently on the second best team in the state.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

This week is League of Legends 10 year anniversary (damn, i remember we started way back at the end of season 1!) so Riot is celebrating by giving away a bunch of shit in LoL and announced like 5 new games up and coming.

https://www.riotgames.com/en/news/riot- ... tion-recap

The first two are just mobile ports of whats currently available. So LoL and Teamfight tactics are going mobile, League's game will be called Wild Rift. Nothing exciting for me cause i hate mobile games, and i don't think your current roster in League will transfer over to Wild Rift so you would be essentially starting all over, no thanks..

Second is a League card game ala Hearthstone called called Legends of Runeterra. I tend to like the card games but i've played so much Hearthstone over the years i've gotten pretty burned out on them. Not sure what new features this will bring to the genre so i don't really know what to think about it. Looks like this one is the closest to being released

The rest of them look to be much further away from release and are all called Project _ . One is a tactical shooter called Project A, some are comparing it to Overwatch but i've read its nothing like it so who knows. Another is a fighting game something like Mortal Kombat, could be interesting with all the League roster in it but i haven't really played any fighting games in a long time. And the last is what some are calling an ARPG and others an MMO, i'd be most excited for this as walking through a well designed and mapped out Runeterra with all its lore could be something i'd like to play.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

URF Mode, engaged.

Not sure how long though.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What's URF Mode?
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: What's URF Mode?
Ultra Rapid Fire.

All cooldowns are shortened by something like 90% and i believe you have no mana pool, so its a super fast spam fest. Its played on Summoner's Rift and its really fun.

So if you can deal with Karthus Ults every 20 seconds then this is the game mode for you. And God forbid you get a shroom shitting Teemo on the other team..

My favorite is ARURF. All Random Ultra Rapid Fire.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

There is also no level cap (which is new, or I never noticed before). Long game last night, I was level 27. I normally ban Karthus. Now I ban Jayce. His long distance, fast explosion shot is very much OP. Many champs end up with near 0 cool down so ya, it's a spam fest because mana regens immediately. Very fast paced and you end up with epic games with champs you never play because of random reasons. Pretty much any champ is fun in URF because you don't need to know how to play them. Just button mash and don't die. There is also a cannon at spawn that will shoot you halfway across the map. So re-entering the fight is super fast. You don't have to run back from spawn/shop.

Since I managed to get my down to the wire silver promo last night, I'll finish the season in URF.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Last time I noticed my level, it was 69 (nice). Past that now, but honestly I haven't done much gaming since my divorce, as I no longer need to hide in the basement.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

No, your champ level while playing. Instead of hitting 18 and stopping, you keep leveling up. But you don't keep leveling up your spells. They stop at 5/5/5/3.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ooooohhhh. I was not aware of that. Does ANYTHING improve after 18?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Your damage/armor/speed/etc continue to scale up.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Interesting.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Got an S+ with Miss Fortune tonight. If you resist the urge to participate in early fights and just wait for mid game, you can litterally just stand there and spam your W and E and win every 1v1. Especially with Blood Thirster and attack speed items. I was winning 1v2s when I could open with my ult. Got a penta with a baron steal in a previous game. Used the cannon to land just on the other side of the wall and immediately opened up with my ult as they were about to kill it and were all low. Took out 4 of them, then chased the last down spamming my W to kill him. Was pretty awesome. Only my second Penta ever.
Got an S with Ashe in a previous game with the same strategy. Mid to late game, ADCs can just stand there and wreck people.

Saw a dude playing singed. His Q was of course always on. He would glue and flip. Glue and flip. Once he locked on to someone, they were stuck because his glue would cool down before the first patch was gone. I'm guessing his ult was always on too, or close to it.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: They do make good videos.
And good live performances.

https://watch.lolesports.com/video/blt426512f4a924f89e