League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:24 pm I used to have an ARAM account with a name something like Mara13. I can't remember that user name. I can't seem to recover it with email. If anyone knows it. let me know.
I can check that out for you tonight, you just wanna know what your alt name is?

Season 12 just started over the weekend and i've got 4 of the 10 placement games done so 2-2 at this point. Got an S- on my girl Sona last game 6-3-18!

Also, if you have an Amazon prime membership you can get tons of free shit for LoL once a month. I linked my acct a few months ago and kept redeeming them and when i logged i had so many skin shards, champ shards, boxes, and even RP.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Dumb question: does ARAM pull from the entire champ pool, now? Not just the champs you own?

edit - I just learned aram "free champion rotation" now consists of 65 champions. I'm playing an old account I wanted to build for just ARAMs... no extra champs that I can't play well. I bought about 10 champs today, that I'm good at. And I've played about 6 ARAMs, with 3 rerolls. I haven't yet played a champion that I own and am good at.

So that kinda sucks now.

https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki ... n_rotation
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:33 pm I just learned aram "free champion rotation" now consists of 65 champions
Damn! remember when it was 7? 65 is like half the champs.

Looks like your aram alt's name is Mara13. Were you able to log in with that account?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I cannot. None of my passwords work. And I don't know what email I used, because I don't get password resets for it, either.

Wonder if the account got haxx0red.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:19 pm I cannot. None of my passwords work. And I don't know what email I used, because I don't get password resets for it, either.

Wonder if the account got haxx0red.
Now that you say this, i think i remember a while back having to change my account to a Riot account because they have multiple games now. Maybe try to recover your account.

https://support-leagueoflegends.riotgam ... 0037644973
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

i have a help desk ticket in. I'm not sure if I remember enough info about it to get it back. Pretty much all I've got is an account name, and a "last used about 3-4 years ago."

It isn't a big deal. If they broke ARAM by not letting you use characters you like, then an ARAM account is about worthless.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:10 am i have a help desk ticket in. I'm not sure if I remember enough info about it to get it back. Pretty much all I've got is an account name, and a "last used about 3-4 years ago."
The restoration process for accounts, not just these Riot ones, but really ANY, is the dumbest process ever. I can describe in great detail the content, most things about an account, and on and on, but if I don't know the current password or have access to the email address I signed up with 20 years ago, then I'm fucked. 1. Do you see any activity on that account dipshit? No and there never will be again. 2. (This applies to certain companies.) Do you really think blocking me from my owned games is going to get me to repurchase them? You're out of your fucking mind. Not happening AND now I'm probably never going to buy a game from your shitty unhelpful company again.

Someone...can't remember who...gave me full access recently to an account I could not access based just on me giving tons of details. When I remember who I'll post it because it was impressive. Oh shit, just remembered. It was Roblox and my youngest daughter's account. She could list out friends of the account, their real names, items she had in specific games, email addresses, prior passwords, and so on. Roblox said, "You've gone far enough to prove it was your account."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I got it figured out. Between them reminding me what email account I used, and then me figuring out that gmail was blocking forwards of my dtman email, I have successfully recovered the account.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

ARAM thoughts.

Seems like the lead minion of each wave has the "True Sight" eyeball, automatically. Makes Teemo a lot less useful. If your team doesn't take out that minion first... and they never do.... a whole field of mushrooms gets casually taken out as the enemy team advances.

Reworked Fiddlesticks. Sucks now.

Reworked Swain. Sucks now.

Randoms in ARAM still love focusing the tank.

I think they shortened Blitzcrank's grab radius, but didn't change the directional hint. I used to be a surgeon with him, and I missed 9 out of 10 grabs just now, like I was just barely brushing the back of their cloak. Feels off.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:23 pm Makes Teemo a lot less useful.
Lets be honest, Teemo has NEVER been useful. Sorry Leisher, no offense to your dog, cute dog, but the League version is just cancer.
GORDON wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:23 pm Reworked Fiddlesticks. Sucks now.

Reworked Swain. Sucks now.
They've reworked quite a few of the old champs over the years. They need to update some of these 10 year old kits to hang with all these new champs they release today. All of them have some sort of movement ability now, makes the game play a lot faster than it did years ago.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Some of those new champs... When played well, you can't do shit to them. In two seconds they have flipped around you three times, and I submit they are impossible for any nervous system older than 30 to target.

That could.be the entire point, I suppose.

And I used to dominate ARAM as Teemo. Now the shrooms get swept aside if they aren't immediately chucked into a scrum. There's no more landmining the map. Again, probably entirely the point.

But I have noticed in the past that as soon as I master a champ, they rework it to make it suck.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:24 am And I used to dominate ARAM as Teemo. Now the shrooms get swept aside if they aren't immediately chucked into a scrum. There's no more landmining the map. Again, probably entirely the point.
Looks like i found your answer. About a year ago Oracles elixir was removed for ARAM and they gave the cannon minions true sight. So yeah, sucks for Teemo and Shaco.

In the League of Legends preseason patch 10.23, Riot Games had brought some significant changes to the ARAM. They entirely removed the Oracle’s Elixir from the item shop and made changes where Cannon minions and super minions now each have one charge of a modified Umbral Glaive’s Blackout passive giving visibility once detected.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah that sucks now. Add to it "65 free champs in the rotation" and someone really had a bug up their ass about old school, original ARAM. If you work for Riot and hate teemo, that's how you nerf it.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Gordo, have you tried ARURF (All Random Ultra Rapid Fire)? It's basically ARAM but on Summoner's Rift. All cooldowns are cut down by like 90% you gain gold fast as hell and you will never run out of mana. Cake and I used to play this a bunch, its fun as hell and nobody is an asshole. Well there might be that one guy here and there like in ARAM. Anyways its live now for the next month, give it a try.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I saw it didnt know what it was. i'll give it a shot.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”