Microsoft's Gaming Problem

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

They're clueless is many other areas as well. But this is blatant. It's like saying, "Text and typing have no place in a web browser search engine."

Edited By Malcolm on 1402930185
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:No, but seriously, they have no clue what the fuck they're doing.
Microsoft and their Kinnect are reminding me of the obsessive stalker girls who say, "I can make you love me."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Paul

Post by Paul »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

PC Gaming "bigger than ever".

Steam has 75+ million users, and recently set a new record at 8+ million concurrent users.

How's that X-Box One working out for you Microsoft?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Type "xbone" into wikipedia's search. Yes, it successfully redirects you.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Should MS sell off X-Box?

Yes. MS is getting their asses kicked from every direction. Dump the stupid X-Box and start pushing the PC, running the Windows OS, as the best gaming device in the world.

Meanwhile, MS is offering BJs for people who upgrade to X-Box One.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

If you've been selected, you can order a (full-priced) console from any retailer and Microsoft will credit your Xbox account with $75 ... That'll cover you for at least one Xbox One game like Destiny, ensuring your game collection gets off to a good start.

Fucking hell. That'd buy me a minimum of 10 games on steam.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

SO... they were selling a $400 version without kinect, right? Which brings it down to $325?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Ye gods.
Nadella underscored the entertainment console's importance to the company.

"The single biggest digital life category, measured in both time and money spent, in a mobile-first world is gaming." he wrote.

"Xbox is one of the most-revered consumer brands, with a growing online community and service, and a raving fan base. Microsoft will continue to vigorously innovate and delight gamers with Xbox..."

I can't believe it. MS may have found someone worse than Ballmer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I get him saying that because of the damage he could do to their stock if he bashes one of their biggest assets.

However, if he truly believes the X-Box is a great property for the company, he's an idiot.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

PC hardware market worth 21.5 billion annually.

If I was a Microsoft shareholder I'd be asking why MS is so intent upon not letting go of the X-Box, which loses money, and why they ignore the PC, which they currently dominate despite themselves.

Meanwhile, Nvidia is working on what MS should be working on.

Edited By Leisher on 1405715684
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

But Valve's inability to seal the deal may be offset somewhat by a weakness in the Nvidia design: The GeForce Experience system requires a relatively recent GeForce video card, and PCs that lack the requisite hardware won't be able to take advantage of the streaming functionality. Having to purchase a new video card on top of the box, which hasn't yet been priced (or even confirmed), may well drive the total cost beyond practical reach.

Well, looks like I'm ok. Rest of you are on your own.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Know what happens when I come across a gaming platform that is either too expensive or too unwieldy to use? I don't use it and instead fire up League of Legends.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm almost thinking the PS was Sony's attempt to draw out MS's stupidity. Sony occasionally fucks up in PS-land because they genuinely never expected it to get this far and because they never thought MS would bet so heavily on a losing hand forever.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Because you can't make this shit up, Microsoft posted a job listing about PC Gaming, and PC Gamer shreds it.

First link is to the ad. Second link is to the article.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Because you can't make this shit up, Microsoft posted a job listing about PC Gaming, and PC Gamer shreds it.

First link is to the ad. Second link is to the article.
Fifty years from now, someone's going to make a documentary on Microsoft called "Broken Windows: the Story of a One-Trick Digital Pony."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

"51% of all time spent gaming is on PCs - more than on consoles and mobile devices combined," states the listing. "PC gaming itself is projected to make $25 Billion in 2014, growing 13% year over year.

Have they read their own ad?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:
"51% of all time spent gaming is on PCs - more than on consoles and mobile devices combined," states the listing. "PC gaming itself is projected to make $25 Billion in 2014, growing 13% year over year.
Have they read their own ad?
"we remain committed to investing in PC gaming in the years ahead, and look forward to sharing more in the future,"

No.