Grand Theft Auto V

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Looks to take place in their L.A.(Los Santos)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I've tried to load that site twice and it's done nothing but show me a white screen.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Loads perfectly for me.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Loads perfectly for me.
js.revsci.net continues to hang while loading. Pcgamer in general has problem loading for me.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:
js.revsci.net continues to hang while loading. Pcgamer in general has problem loading for me.
Do you not use an adblocker?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Do you not use an adblocker?
A question best asked to the incompetent "security" folk at my workplace. Christ forbid I try to install one myself.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

New Trailer.

This game looks gorgeous.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Looks like a PC version is coming.

Anyone want my X-Box version?
Paul

Post by Paul »

I've been playing a lot of GTA V online lately.
It's wild. If you see a live player, about 75% of the people just try to kill you on sight.
The others are busy making money, or are just goofing around (I fall into the latter category).

Tonight some kid who sounded like a minor had his mic on while getting a lap dance at the strip club.
Everybody in the game could hear him.
He would say "Ooh la la!" and "Are those real?" a lot. (He's going to be a real Romeo some day.)
He's also say, "I want you to come to my place" and "I'm going to do this every day!" quite a bit too.

Finally some guy said, "Would you shut up?" a bunch of us started laughing.

I said, "Dude, they are not real!" and someone else chimed in, "And she's not going home with you!"

The kid didn't make a sound after that.
I assume he quit the game.

Good times!
Paul

Post by Paul »

I'd never played any of the GTA series before.
The map is very much based on Los Angeles. In fact, when I found the GTA version of the Capitol Records building I used my L.A. knowledge to drive straight to the observatory. They even have the hiking trail and tunnel at the (Griffith Park) observatory.
From there I drove down the hill to see if the Greek Theater was there... yep, there was a GTA equivalent.

I drove over the hill to see what they did with Burbank, but they made that a rural area, mostly desert.

They did a great job making it like L.A.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

[url=http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/635509-gta-v-pc-petition-for-grand-theft-auto-5-nears-700k-signatures-no-word-on-it-xbox-o ne-ps4-versions/]Petition for PC version has hit 700K.[/url]

Rumors swirling that they're working on PC, X-Box One, and PS4 versions of the game, all with new content. Rumored release dates are anywhere between June 13th and March 15th of next year.

I want the game as well, and I never signed the petition. Considering the rest of their series is on Steam, does well there, started on the PC, and there's probably a million customers waiting for it, I think we'll see it hitting PC before the end of the year.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Real developers make games for PCs. Pussies with training wheels on their compilers make games exclusively for consoles.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I've owned most of the consoles that have been released, but I was always primarily a PC gamer. However, the older I get the more I lose respect for console only players.

They're such a huge part of what's wrong with the gaming industry, and they don't even realize it.

They revel in their inferior graphics, "one controller fits all", limited choices, pay to play online services, and higher prices.

We should start a church of the PC, and spread the word about the glory that can be found in PC gaming. Steam sales, no paying to play online, the biggest games on the planet and they're FREE, any controller you want, mods, etc.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The only thing I'll give to the console industry is their likely jumpstart of the "home computer" industry. I do not mean laptop or desktop PCs, either.