Good Old Games

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Good Old Games

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Another big sale there this weekend.

Old school games.

Crusader was the shit. First game I ever had to patch, and the company actually sent me the patch on a 3.5" floppy.

Edited By Leisher on 1381518710
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Oh snap, Dungeon Keeper and Dungeon Keeper II.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Also of note is that some of the games are popping up as Free...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Gone.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Has anyone used the "Good Old Games" site?

There's some stuff no longer available on Steam because Atari and Valve aren't getting along, but the games are available on GOG. BUT.... does GOG have the "invite/join" player function like Steam does, or would I have to work out archaic multiplayer settings with servers that may not even exist anymore?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I apparently bought Torchlight there at some point, but don't really know gog.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I know there's a thread for it already.

I don't think they have the gaming services you're looking for...?

What game are you trying to get?

Edited By Leisher on 1431308433
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Looking to play NWN with my kid, but Steam no longer sells it. Same with NWN2.

gog support says multi still works, the permanent matching servers no longer exist but one can still "Direct Connect" in the game. It doesn't say if that is stable, though, using one of the clients as a host. I guess I need to buy two copies and roll the dice.

Edited By GORDON on 1431309187
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Looks like I can run a dedicated server though.

http://www.neverwinternights.info/dedicatedserver.htm
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Might want to google that game. Somebody is doing something with it. I know I've read articles about it.

As far as Atari, I think I saw something about them going all mobile. So they may be out of the PC/console business.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This one or this one? Ah, the Bioware one. Server setup looks brainless enough. It work?

Edited By Malcolm on 1431313869
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:Article about GOG
How timely.

DLing GOG Galaxy now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If anyone installs it, I am dtmancom. Looks like there is a friend list, like with Steam.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, this is barely beta.

Things that worked:
- Installed client
- Browsed the store
- Purchased a game with my paypal account (got paypal confirmation that correct amount was charged)
- Game appeared in my library. I was able to launch the download

Things that are weird/don't work:
- Installed GOG Galaxy on my kid's computer... it required a restart. Mine didn't. Same OS.
- I am unable to add his account to my friend list. "You have no friends in your list. Hover over any avatar in the STORE/FORUM/COMMUNITY section and select 'Add to friend list.'" I can't just type in his account name and add him, and obviously he has no posts on the forum. This is hella stupid.
- There's no pause button on this 4GB game download.

Fake edit - In researching these issues, I see there is a "vote on which shit gets fixed first" button. The top two items are the friend list, and the pause button.