GameStop

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by GORDON »

Usually, during the day, the wilding is kept to a minimum. But that was the first time in forever I was there past 9.

I remember Southwyk had to institute "White Night" and "Black Night" on the weekends to keep the hate crimes down. And there's a reason we.dont have the dance clubs we had, in the 80s. Things were getting bad back then.

People are garbage, all around.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by GORDON »

"Why can't you be amazon."
Leisher
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by Leisher »

I keep having to say this, but the best stores are going to be the ones that tie brick and mortar together with online most effectively and efficiently.

They need to be interactive, fun, rewarding. A shopping trip needs to be more of an event to compete with sitting at home in your boxers buying whatever strikes your fancy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by GORDON »

I don't see how any company with a warehouse and brick and mortar locations will be able to compete in a meaningful way with just the warehouse and post office.

Except for groceries. Amazon has a big markup on groceries.
Leisher
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I don't see how any company with a warehouse and brick and mortar locations will be able to compete in a meaningful way with just the warehouse and post office.
Because they should have that plus an experience.

The thing Amazon cannot give shoppers is the ability to interact with a product. To touch it. To smell it. To taste it. To try it out. To try it on. Additionally, they cannot give shoppers a social experience.

This is where B&Ms should be pushing their marketing.

I've laid out previously where I feel malls could make a comeback if surviving brick and mortars come together with theaters, live event venues, and restaurants to create social gathering places for people. Hmmm...
GORDON
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, I get it.......... last time I was in a GS, over half the store was game-related bobbleheads, and shit. But their "buyback" system for used games is a meme-heavy joke, and.... i dunno. It isn't like they have a screen the size of a wall where peeps can play for 5 minutes. THAT would gather a crowd. They're dying for a reason.
Leisher
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by TheCatt »

Uh, you typed 700%, but it's up like 7% on the news.

It is up 700% YTD.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:45 pm
Uh, you typed 700%, but it's up like 7% on the news.

It is up 700% YTD.
They updated the article since I opened it. The 700% number was either in the headline or first paragraph. They also talked about how the stock was down 70% from when Redditers had pushed it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by TheCatt »

AMC's been on a rocket lately. I sold short 100 shares yesterday when it hit 63... was sweating as it hit 70... then they issued more shares, and it tanked today. Unfortunately, I was at an eye dr appt, so I missed the big dip, covered... and then it dipped again. But I got out at 50.90 for a nice $1,200. I can't hold these things long, they distract me too much.
Leisher
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by Leisher »

Tidy little profit though. Well done!

I'm still holding all my DOGE, SPPI, and ROBL (Roblox) stock. I avoid the temptation to look everyday. I'm in them for the long haul.
TheCatt
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by TheCatt »

And... [AMC]'s back to 67. I think I'm going to avoid trying to catch a knife twice.
TheCatt
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:14 pm And... [AMC]'s back to 67. I think I'm going to avoid trying to catch a knife twice.
And back down to 47.

Before the pandemic, stock price was $7.30 with 109M shares outstanding... now it's $47.50 with 500M outstanding. That makes no sense. $800M market cap to $25,000M... insanity. All it's doing right now is losing money, and the company was nearly bankrupt in December.
Leisher
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I really don't get AMC or Gamestop at all.

Although, as I was typing how I don't see either surviving in this new world, I came up with a plan for AMC to survive, just on a much smaller scale.

Gamestop is just fucked though. These brick-and-mortars have to come up with a viable plan to turn themselves into click-and-mortars, but really make that mortar part a huge perk for consumers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:04 am I came up with a plan for AMC to survive, just on a much smaller scale.
AMC can survive, theaters can keep going, but they're not growing. US box office was basically flat for 10 years prior to the pandemic. There's no upside. Sure, international growth, but it's expensive, and will face the same headwinds.

Gamestop is fucked.
TheCatt
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:47 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:14 pm And... [AMC]'s back to 67. I think I'm going to avoid trying to catch a knife twice.
And back down to 47.

Before the pandemic, stock price was $7.30 with 109M shares outstanding... now it's $47.50 with 500M outstanding. That makes no sense. $800M market cap to $25,000M... insanity. All it's doing right now is losing money, and the company was nearly bankrupt in December.
This person agrees with me. Made another $500 on a short today, closed it with 7 minutes to go in the market, so I'm out again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

GameStop

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:16 pm Made another $500 on a short today, closed it with 7 minutes to go in the market, so I'm out again.
Got back in two days ago, exited this morning for another $950. I should be a day trader! :D :D :lol: