The Witcher - RPG for the PC

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

On part 2 now.

The only things I don't like:
- Lots of running. Wish i could just click on a place in the map and it'd go.
- People not being available 24 hours. Most major characters are, since you can go in their house, but lots of the side missions aren't.
- Crashes. It's crashed on me four times in two days.
- Lost saves. I've lost at least 2 saves I know that I made.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I keep running out of money.

The fact that XP received declines for monsters over time is a nice touch to prevent XP farming. Although, kinda annoying to have them keep attacking me, and I get like 1 or 5 XP.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I think I'm nearly done with Act 3. I finally figured out the potion thing well enough to be completely stocked up. It's made combat almost too easy on intermediate level.

I found a wiki that describes all of the sex cards, since I only got one of the Act 2 ones cuz the person was randomly next to me and I clicked on her. It turns out I missed one in Act 1.

Act 3 is the point where you finally make choices that seem to have larger impacts. I've made a couple. I've been avoiding mission/spoiler info on the web, so who knows what the decisions I've made will mea.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Did you see the twist coming in Act 2?
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Troy

Post by Troy »

Wood.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm hitting gaming overload.

I'm already playing Madden 10, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and a couple of titles on the DS (and the occasional TF2/L4D online game).

Now I've got to go back and start The Witcher up again.

And Bioshock 2 is right around the corner...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

You still have almost 6 months for Bioshock 2. Ignore the family and friends and you can have your other games out of the way.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

The developers of Witcher 2 announced that all the DLC that they make will be free. There may be some expansion packs in the store that they charge for but all the little stuff and extra side missions online are free.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

nice, i hope they make more boobies.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Anyone played 2 yet? It's supposed to be just as good.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Not yet, just finished Fable 3. Have heard good things, but have not heard/read about boobies yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm thinking about going through The Witcher (all the way this time), in anticipation of The Witcher 2 going on sale during the holidays.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I went all the way a lot in the witcher.

Edited By TheCatt on 1307028760
Troy

Post by Troy »

There are/were actually a lot of decent games being released in Q1/Q2 of this year.

I'm done doing the Ultima Online throw-back phase, and found I have gotten very behind. Even a bunch of rad indy games.

2d Minecraft, for example.

Edited By Troy on 1307032666
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Article about the first patch for The Witcher 2 that removes DRM and improves performance.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

CD Projekt say this will be fixed in nest week’s 1.2 patch.

Sounds like I'm going to wait a while. I have a vague memory of the first game needing lots of patches (but I didnt play it til wait after the release, so they were all done by then)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Article about the first patch for The Witcher 2 that removes DRM and improves performance.
That sentence is damn near redundant.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Witcher 2 is very very very fun.
Troy

Post by Troy »

The only major bug so far is that villagers will occasionally be missing pants. This is an awesome bug, and does not need to be changed.