M.U.L.E.

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

M.U.L.E.

Post by Leisher »

Talking to a vendor today and they mentioned a former product of theirs was Wombat. It immediately made me think of M.U.L.E.

Why was that game so awesome? Why has nobody replicated it? Or expanded it? Why isn't it on mobile?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

M.U.L.E.

Post by TheCatt »

It was amazing for its time. I played it again a few years ago and it was just meh. It's a bit overly simplistic. I found a clone but cannot remember it's name.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

M.U.L.E.

Post by Leisher »

I'm sure it was overly simplistic, but I wish someone could update it to today while maintaining the simple nature. Anything more involved would be less fun and not as accessible.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

M.U.L.E.

Post by Cakedaddy »

Write me up a design. It'll give me something to do.
Leisher
Site Admin

M.U.L.E.

Post by Leisher »

Hmm...

I could story and maybe additional features, but I don't think I'd be worth a shit with the economics. That'd require someone like Catt.

I do think an updated MULE would be a fun (and profitable) multi or single player mobile game.

How about MULE, but you compete like in a game of Life. No board or rolling, but instead of doing plots of land you somehow compete for jobs, internships, get college degrees, and so on? The wombat would still be there as a nod to MULE. Instead of weather helping or hurting players, other random events take place like a recession, lottery win, and so on. Just spit balling...
Cakedaddy

M.U.L.E.

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't know enough about MULE to say if your ideas are good or bad.
Leisher
Site Admin

M.U.L.E.

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

M.U.L.E.

Post by Cakedaddy »

I knew you were going to do that!

"Here's the game. Play it. Learn it. Remake it, but better. Let me know when you are done."
Leisher
Site Admin

M.U.L.E.

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:37 pm I knew you were going to do that!

"Here's the game. Play it. Learn it. Remake it, but better. Let me know when you are done."
I thought you wanted to learn it so you could make a judgment about my idea? Play it and we can go from there. I'm not going to have back and forths about creating a spiritual successor to a game one person never played!
Cakedaddy

M.U.L.E.

Post by Cakedaddy »

But that person's not the designer! Are you going to learn programming to check to see if I'm programming right?!
Leisher
Site Admin

M.U.L.E.

Post by Leisher »

I do not understand how your comment makes sense to my comment.

Just play the game 3 times so we can start the discussion, FFS!
Cakedaddy

M.U.L.E.

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ok. Done.