V Rising

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

V Rising

Post by Stranger »

Wanted to give this game its own thread incase it becomes a thing. Got to play a good bit of this over the weekend, just did my own private server so that i could learn the ropes. Your first order of business is to find a good place to drop your Castle Heart so you lay claim to an area of land to build your castle on. From there you get your basic tools which are also your weapon so you can gather mats. Super easy to gather, you just swing your weapon at whatever is around you and gather that resource. So if i swing at a group of trees with some shrubs around it and some stones, i will gather all three mats with just one swing. Another few swings and you can clear that area out.

Sunlight is your enemy, and there is day and night cycles. The cool thing is the way the shadows work, you can dip in and out of them really easily to not get burned. Most of the map (which is enormous by the way) is pretty densely packed with trees so you can still traverse without issue. The shadows move through the day so you cant just go AFK thinking you will be safe. There are areas like bridges that have no cover and if its daytime you will need to wait out the night before you can cross it.

Blood well is your resource meter that slowly drains over time, pretty much like food with other survival games. You will need to feed off another living being to fill your well. The cool mechanic here is that depending on what type of enemy you feed on and the quality of that enemy will determine what type of bonus you will receive. So if you suck the blood of a wolf you will get movement speed and maybe resistance to sunlight. You suck off a brute and you get defensive bonuses, a worker gets you bonus mat yields, a rogue gives you higher crit. So while its easy to find something to feed off of you will always be looking for the higher quality blood. Pretty cool mechanic with this and the sunlight that does a good job of making you feel like a vamp.

World bosses. So a lot of your recipes to build weapons, and new parts of your castle are locked behind taking down world bosses. Once you build your blood alter you can pick a boss to track down. This will give you a little blood scent trail to follow but you don't know how far away this boss can be. I'd say there are about 40 of them already and they can be pretty tough fights.

i don't wanna make this post too long and i have only scratched the surface cause i'm always slow at learning the ropes and recipes for survival games. Game is fun for sure and i think this is something some of you guys would enjoy. There are lots of server options to change up the game to your liking and even some PvP duo servers where clans are limited to just two people.

Worth the $20. So much content for an early release. I've skimmed through some Reddit threads just to see what negatives people that have played 100+ hours are saying. Alot of them say there's not much to do once you've killed all the world bosses and have everything opened up. Some say weapon and skills balance are way off. And some of the ways people can raid your castle seem a little sus at the moment. I'd think thats to be expected for an early release though.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

V Rising

Post by Stranger »

Looks like on the official game servers the max clan size if 4 players with the max players being 40. Private servers can change up this size but still max of 40 i believe.

I like the thought of smaller clans to prevent zerg guilds just running everyone over. I guess there is nothing to stop a few clans from teaming up and doing the same though.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

V Rising

Post by Leisher »

I am officially out of the gaming world until July gets here. Swamped at work and these last two classes are heavy AF.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

V Rising

Post by Stranger »

all good, not like we've been gaming anyways.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!