Bright Memory Infinite

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Bright Memory Infinite

Post by Leisher »

Ok, follow me here because the Steam reviews can be confusing.

Bright Memory is a middle of the story demo and all the story and references are pointless. It also has zero to do with BMI aside from your character and characters discussed. Do NOT pay for that game under any circumstances. There's less than an hour of gameplay. (It's currently $7 on Steam and that's utter bullshit. It should be free.)

Bright Memory Infinite is more of a full scale game, with different features, but with the same characters. However, it's only 4 hours long, so while I am going to recommend it for FPS fans, do NOT spend more than...well, read below and figure it out. (Currently $20 on Steam and that's asking FAR too much for how short it is.)

(I got both as part of a Humble Bundle.)

Let's start with the bad:
-It's short.
-It's very linear.
-The story is bonkers. It makes no sense and you feel like you show up in Act 3. I beat it and I still have no idea what the hell was going on or who anyone is/was.
-The special abilities are mostly pointless. I used the main weapons for all the normal baddies, then the special ammo and blades slashes (regular old E) for the big bads.
-F is used for both picking things up and a force power. That's just bad design.
-The developer tried to mix in different types of gameplay. One is sneaking and it's fine, the other is a driving scene and it's very meh.

The good:
-It's genuinely fun. It just plays well.
-It's absolutely gorgeous. I cannot say enough about how good this game looks. To be fair, I turned all the settings to the max and had no issues, so your mileage may vary, but it was nominated for "Outstanding Visual Style".
-1 guy apparently developed this game. Seriously, come for this alone. 1 fucking guy made THIS? Is he the Michael Jordan of game coding?

If you enjoy FPS games, this is a nice little ride you can rip through in a single playthrough, so spend whatever you think is fair for that. I've seen it called a "Visual Tech Demo" and I think that's absolutely fair. I'd say $4-5 and you wouldn't feel ripped off. You'll have fun, gawk at the beauty, but you won't understand a damn bit of it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”