Elden Ring

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Elden Ring

Post by Troy »

Coming out tomorrow on Steam, pre reviews are outrageously positive.

Looks like Dark Souls on acid.
Cakedaddy

Elden Ring

Post by Cakedaddy »

Is this one that would be multi-played?
Troy

Elden Ring

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:49 pm Is this one that would be multi-played?
M-maybe I guess you need fingers?
Tarnished Furled Finger:
You can leave a gold summon sign to play coopeartive multiplayer. This sign will appear in the other player’s worlds and allow them to summon you as a Furled Finger for cooperative multiplayer.
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/02/21/i ... ltiplayer/
Leisher
Site Admin

Elden Ring

Post by Leisher »

This one looks interesting, but they haven't earned my trust yet to get a Day One purchase. I anxiously await your review.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Elden Ring

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:17 pm This one looks interesting, but they haven't earned my trust yet to get a Day One purchase. I anxiously await your review.
Will do.

The (pre) reviews like this made me want to go day one:
Cakedaddy

Elden Ring

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:57 pm
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:49 pm Is this one that would be multi-played?
M-maybe I guess you need fingers?
Tarnished Furled Finger:
You can leave a gold summon sign to play coopeartive multiplayer. This sign will appear in the other player’s worlds and allow them to summon you as a Furled Finger for cooperative multiplayer.
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/02/21/i ... ltiplayer/
Ahh, ok. So it's not a multi player campaign type thing, but a "I need help with this boss, come help me" thing.
Cakedaddy

Elden Ring

Post by Cakedaddy »

Green Man Gaming has Elden Ring Pre-Purchase (PC Digital Download) on sale for $45.35 w/ code 06QVP3-V01NKP-K2707M.
Stranger

Elden Ring

Post by Stranger »

Watched some streams last night and this is definitely a Dark Souls clone with alot more RPG elements, which isn't a bad thing at all. I've personally never played any of the Souls games but they are notoriously very hard and from what i watched the same is true in this game. Also, not a bad thing.

I didn't see anyone doing any multi in the streams but from what i've read it also has the same system that the Souls games do. You can jump into other players games and help them out, or try and wreck them. But from that link that Troy posted it looks like there is other things you can do too. I'm very interested in seeing what that part of the game is like. Can you co-op with others and basically run the whole game that way??

I'm hearing the game is poorly optimized for PC play right now too. Some people with high end PC's are struggling to get good performance even though the game runs just fine for Xbox and Playstation owners. Hopefully a few patches will get this fixed. Very interested in playing this game, especially since i'll have a new PC in 2 weeks!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Elden Ring

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:56 pm Green Man Gaming has Elden Ring Pre-Purchase (PC Digital Download) on sale for $45.35 w/ code 06QVP3-V01NKP-K2707M.
So weird. I constantly get told by EGS fanatics that such discounts are impossible at launch.
Stranger wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:03 am Can you co-op with others and basically run the whole game that way??
I would have interest in doing this.
I'm hearing the game is poorly optimized for PC play right now too. Some people with high end PC's are struggling to get good performance even though the game runs just fine for Xbox and Playstation owners. Hopefully a few patches will get this fixed. Very interested in playing this game, especially since i'll have a new PC in 2 weeks!
One of the reasons I typically don't buy at launch.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Elden Ring

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:56 pm Green Man Gaming has Elden Ring Pre-Purchase (PC Digital Download) on sale for $45.35 w/ code 06QVP3-V01NKP-K2707M.
So does this give you a Steam key? that link Troy posted says that only Steam players can co-op with other Steam players. If its not a Steam key then it might cock block you from co-op.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Elden Ring

Post by Leisher »

Someone made a mod so you can pause the fucking game?

How in the actual hell did not having a pause function get through the design process?
Leisher
Site Admin

Elden Ring

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Elden Ring

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.