Lost Ark

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Lost Ark

Post by Stranger »

This game is looking sweet! It's been out in Korea, Russia and Japan for some 8 years now and finally coming to NA this Friday. I've been watching lots of videos on this one and people are really excited for it and the Steam reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

One thing that is universal, the people absolutely love the devs on this game. Do a little research into it for yourself if you're interested. I know i'll be giving it a run sometime this weekend.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Lost Ark

Post by Stranger »

Not just an MMO. Whoa, didn't know there were so many different things to do in this game. Seriously watch this video!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Lost Ark

Post by Leisher »

I have some interest. I'll check out the video this evening.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Lost Ark

Post by Troy »

The no PVP thing won't lure me in, but this game looks gorgeous on streams the last few days. Like a pretty well made Diablo like MMO.
Stranger

Lost Ark

Post by Stranger »

Troy wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:09 pm The no PVP thing won't lure me in
Yeah, there's no open world PvP but there is arena PvP where you que up and get ranked from Bronze to Grandmaster.
Troy wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:09 pm Like a pretty well made Diablo like MMO.
Yep, definitely plays alot like a Diablo game.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Lost Ark

Post by Troy »

Out today or later today I think? It's free. It's just a switch for the NA market, I guess it has been running in S. Korea for years.
The game quickly grew a sizeable fanbase in that region thanks to its PvP mechanics, extensive content offerings, cinematic style, and all those other MMO tropes that usually encourage people to gleefully spend a few hundred hours of their lives playing them.
https://www.denofgeek.com/games/lost-ar ... -playable/

I'll probably get hyped into trying this.
Leisher
Site Admin

Lost Ark

Post by Leisher »

DLing it now.

It's free, why not try it?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Lost Ark

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:46 pm DLing it now.

Because free usually means insane grind, or buy something.
Leisher
Site Admin

Lost Ark

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:49 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:46 pm DLing it now.

Because free usually means insane grind, or buy something.
You are probably not wrong, but I'll give it a peek. If it sucks I'll move onto one of the other 30 games I have installed right now waiting for me to play them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Lost Ark

Post by Leisher »

FYI, if this goes anywhere, I created my character on Sasha in the East NA.
Troy

Lost Ark

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:37 pm FYI, if this goes anywhere, I created my character on Sasha in the East NA.
I'm interested in hearing what you think. May check it out this weekend.
Cakedaddy

Lost Ark

Post by Cakedaddy »

I loaded it too. I didn't want to be the only one on the board not playing it. . .
Leisher
Site Admin

Lost Ark

Post by Leisher »

Got pulled away from it last night after doing some starting missions. I'll get back to it tonight after a quick jaunt to Cleveland. So far my biggest takeaway is that they spared no expense on artists.
Stranger

Lost Ark

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:37 pm FYI, if this goes anywhere, I created my character on Sasha in the East NA.
Cool, i made a character on the same server late last night! i made a Sharpshooter. Only scratched the surface of it so far, going to be playing more throughout the day. if anyone is getting on let me know.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Lost Ark

Post by Troy »

I guess my biggest question is similar to Cake's - how much does it really cost? And is there pay-to-win.
Cakedaddy

Lost Ark

Post by Cakedaddy »

If it's free to play, yes, there is pay to win. I can think of only one game that's free that isn't pay to win.
Stranger

Lost Ark

Post by Stranger »

Troy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:16 pm I guess my biggest question is similar to Cake's - how much does it really cost? And is there PTW.
Depends on what you consider P2W. I think the subscription if you wanted to go for it just helps mostly with your stronghold, which is your housing.

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/buying ... on-service

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Lost Ark

Post by Stranger »

Whoa, didnt realize that when i posted the Reddit link it would put the whole post in there.

So far im really liking this game. Leveling goes really fast, you start at level 10 and i'm at 25 right now, max is 50.. i think.

Like Leisher said, the art is beautiful. Fighting is fun as hell and feels really good, its like Diablo where you have hordes of enemies coming at you but your like a god and wreck their shit.

the price is right, free to play this game is totally worth giving it a shot. i suggest giving it a go and let me know what you guys think.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Lost Ark

Post by Cakedaddy »

So far, very shmeh. I'm level 12 or so now and all I'm doing are random fetch/kill quests. Completely stomping everything, including bosses. No challenge so far. I'm sure it's designed that way to keep people playing and not getting discouraged. But all I keep wondering is when it's going to get fun!

Lots of cut scenes. I'm watching them so I know what's going on in the story, but this isn't what I play MMOs for. So far, it's a single player RPG with other people completing the same quests at the same time. I finally got a pet, but to use it, you have to have some crystal. It referred me to the Amazon shop where I could buy one. :roll: I did see that I had a free 3 day crystal in my inventory though.

But for now, it's run back and forth fighting the same boss at times to complete different quests! Go fetch this, go fetch that, kill a couple of these, try to get a girl friend. The priest guy is VEEERRRRYYY annoying. Whiny at lame!

How long does it take to get through all of this training stuff and into the game?! I remember Archage had about 30 minutes of crap before you were basically playing the game. I don't know how long Black Desert took to get to the game. I didn't play long enough to find out.

I feel like if there isn't really good PvP or sandbox content, then the game play has to be REALLY good to make up for that stuff missing. So far, it's REALLY easy and repetitive!

Sorry Stranger. I know you are really hoping and looking for an RPG for us all to play. But after 3 hours in the game. . .I'm not seeing it yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Lost Ark

Post by Leisher »

Called it a night at lvl 21. Thoughts tomorrow.