Amazon Prime Games

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Amazon Prime Games

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've noticed Amazon Prime giving away games, like Epic does. You have to download the Amazon game platform launcher thing. Like all the others. . . anyone know anything about it? I know the Android Gaming app I used to use that offered a free game every day/week was VERY intrusive. It required every single permission available on the Android platform (at least it seemed like it). VERY long list of permissions. Down to and including being able to send text messages to people on your contact list from you. Along with all of the standard 'track everything you do, everywhere you go, websites you visit, etc, etc. Eventually I uninstalled it because I didn't like how it just dove in and took everything.

Will the PC app be the same? Doesn't Epic client scan your PC for loaded software and other info? Can the Amazon client be trusted for some free games?
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon Prime Games

Post by Leisher »

I posted about this elsewhere many moons ago. It was on my old PC, so over a year ago.

I had the app installed, but I don't remember it being intrusive.
Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:57 pm Doesn't Epic client scan your PC for loaded software and other info?
Yes. In fact, my Windows 11 just blocked it from doing something intrusive the other day.
Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:57 pm Can the Amazon client be trusted for some free games?
Probably not. Amazon is a pretty shady company.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”