Gaming Currency

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Gaming Currency

Post by Leisher »

The UK is going to force gaming companies to show real world costs instead of the bullshit in game currency cost of items.

This, this, and this again. I am bewildered by the cost of items in the casual games I play on my phone. The most I'll ever spend on anything is $.99 and that's once in a blue moon. The people who are paying through the nose to "get ahead" on mobile games are the worst gaming consumers right now. They're just below the scumbags who spend money in the Epic store. :D

Seriously though, no consumer is stupider than those spending big dollars on mobile games. They are absolutely destroying the market for quality games by showing developers that people are willing to fork over big money for essentially nothing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gaming Currency

Post by TheCatt »

Typically, those games have figured out that whales are how you make money, so the things are expensive. From a margin perspective, it certainly makes sense. Why get $1 from 1M people if 100k people will give you $10?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gaming Currency

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:56 am Typically, those games have figured out that whales are how you make money, so the things are expensive. From a margin perspective, it certainly makes sense. Why get $1 from 1M people if 100k people will give you $10?
Truth.

I play Archero and you can absolutely play for free, which I do, but there are characters that are $25.99. It's just a character and based on reviews I read some of the paid characters are way worse than the free ones.

$25.99 for what is essentially just different graphics for your character only. Do you know how many awesome games are on Steam for $25.99 or less?

I really wish people weren't so stupid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gaming Currency

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:45 am Do you know how many awesome games are on Steam for $25.99 or less?
Srsly.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gaming Currency

Post by Leisher »