New World

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

New World

Post by Stranger »

Anyone have any interest in getting into this game? It's an MMO from Amazon games, so it has the big budget. Think i've gotta try this one out.

$40, one time purchase, no subscription fee. Releases next Tuesday, Sept 28th.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

New World

Post by Leisher »

I'll look into it tonight.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

New World

Post by Troy »

Have sort of followed it - just not enough PVP for me. The game world looks really nice though.
Stranger

New World

Post by Stranger »

Troy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:05 pm Have sort of followed it - just not enough PVP for me. The game world looks really nice though.
Can't say i've looked too far into the PvP scene because its always a point of contention in any MMO now a days. It seems that any MMO that's PvP heavy really leans towards bigger zerg guilds running things and giving no space for solo players to enjoy things. i do know that they are trying to marry PvE and PvP open world content together which is a little different and could maybe be fun for both types of players.

So i'm not sure what to think about it, but after playing a bunch of WoW i actually really started to like PvE content in MMO's, running dungeons with small groups of friends is probably some of the most fun i've had in an MMO.

Here's a couple of links that kind of explain the direction of the PvP in New World:

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/art ... worlds-pvp
https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/art ... w-features
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

New World

Post by Stranger »

Since Borderlands 3 looks like its going to be my game to play with Leisher and Cake on the weekends i needed something else to keep me entertained outside of that. So i gave in and made the purchase of New World.

Haven't played much up to this point but here's a little of what i can tell ya about it.

No class system. You don't pick mage, rogue or warrior but instead you pick whatever weapon you like and level up your weapon skill instead. So if you want to play with a two handed axe and then decide later on you'd rather pick up a healing staff and be a healer you can do that. You get XP by using your weapon of choice so you would need to level up your new weapon. Each weapon has two different skill trees so even within the weapon choice there are different play styles.

Same thing goes for armor. You can pick and choose whatever you want to wear, be it light, medium or heavy armors. Wanna be a full plate archer? go for it. You can mix and match any of these combos, your total weight of the armor determines if your class is light, medium or heavy armor and each has its own bonuses.

Lots of crafting. Almost right from the start the game puts you into gathering and crafting your tools and making potions and meals. I've only scratched the surface of this but there are gathering nodes everywhere. It seems like just about everything in the open world can be gathered, chopped, pick axed etc..

3 faction system. This seems to be the basis for all the PvP in the game. You will pick one of the 3 different factions in the game pretty early on. Each faction will have "WARS" for control of territories and when your faction owns that territory you will get bonuses, better tax rates, cheaper crafting costs and other things that i'm not even sure of yet. You can do faction quests as a PvE player if PvP isn't your thing and still contribute to your factions points in that area so you still can have an effect on the world. But if your into PvP then killing peeps in that zone will contribute to your factions standing. Having control of different areas of the map are critical for certain resource types that may only spawn in that zone. I know even less about this as i'm not far enough into the game yet.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!