Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by TheCatt »

I dont think I ever finished BL3.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:01 pm I dont think I ever finished BL3.
I never even played it. I probably should at some point.

They really lost a lot of fan interest with that stupid exclusive deal.

Although, bonus points for using BabyMetal for the music. And yes, Cake, I'd probably be down for multi on this one.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, that soundtrack.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by TheCatt »

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-shot Adventure
is free on Epic Games right now.

$10 on Steam.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Leisher »

"Free on Epic Games" = The price is your soul.

Epic has publicly stated that they have no interest in giving gamers everything Steam does, and instead want to give all the power to the developers. I'd love to say I'm confused about why anyone does business with Epic, but there are a lot of dumb, selfish, and short sighted people in the world.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:07 pm "Free on Epic Games" = The price is your soul.

Epic has publicly stated that they have no interest in giving gamers everything Steam does, and instead want to give all the power to the developers. I'd love to say I'm confused about why anyone does business with Epic, but there are a lot of dumb, selfish, and short sighted people in the world.
At any rate, if we wanted a free one shot to play...
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:19 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:07 pm "Free on Epic Games" = The price is your soul.

At any rate, if we wanted a free one shot to play...
Have fun, I would not join. #TegrityFarms

Besides we have a looooong way to go in BL3 yet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:08 pm
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-shot Adventure
is free on Epic Games right now.

$10 on Steam.
Free until November 16th.
Stranger

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Stranger »

So that's the DLC from Borderlands 2, right? I wonder how that works. Is it a stand alone playthrough? Are they just giving away the DLC and you play your characters from B2?

I've already played it on B2 and i've gotta say, maybe the best DLC of all time. I LOVED IT! But no need to play through it again.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:53 am So that's the DLC from Borderlands 2, right? I wonder how that works. Is it a stand alone playthrough? Are they just giving away the DLC and you play your characters from B2?

I've already played it on B2 and i've gotta say, maybe the best DLC of all time. I LOVED IT! But no need to play through it again.
Ah, I had completely forgotten, you're right, it's just the DLC re-released.
Experience the acclaimed Borderlands 2 add-on as a standalone campaign with added features!
And whatever the "Added features" are
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:04 am Ah, I had completely forgotten, you're right, it's just the DLC re-released.
I honestly did not even catch that, but considering she's an adult in BL3 it was pretty obvious.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:04 am And whatever the "Added features" are
Probably very little content just to justify the additional cost. I'm quite certain the Steam reviews will let you know if it's worth it. (Something Epic doesn't want available to consumers.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:06 am Probably very little content just to justify the additional cost. I'm quite certain the Steam reviews will let you know if it's worth it. (Something Epic doesn't want available to consumers.)
I will say when you beat a drum, you beat the hell out of it.
Cakedaddy

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, since there are still people trying to ride the dead horse, he pretty much HAS to keep beating it because obviously people can't hear it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:25 pm Well, since there are still people trying to ride the dead horse, he pretty much HAS to keep beating it because obviously people can't hear it.
Thank you.

Look around Catt. Our society is absolutely full of people bending over for corporations and celebrating as said corporations fuck them over.

People are absolutely livid about the government taking away their rights/freedoms (which ones depend on which party they support), but then drive home in their insanely overpriced vehicle that's designed to break within a certain number of years, they use fossil fuels that may or may not be destroying the planet, they wear clothes sewn by children in seat shops (but they're not here, so who cares), load up the Epic Game Store because FREE!!!!! (If the devil were real, he'd be having a fucking field day in this buyer's market...), turn on their overpriced cable, tune into whatever lying news channel they agree with on their TV that is also designed to break, eat their processed food that is essentially poison, watch their kids play with ridiculously overpriced garbage that is never assembled, and so on and so forth. Not even mentioning the two party system here... :P

I'm as guilty as anyone on some of these things. Hell, I'd argue it's literally impossible to exist within our society and avoid them all. However, when you can take a stand, fucking take a stand!

I don't eat Subway, I only recently had Jimmy John's for the first time ever when I learned their founder was completely removed from the business (he is a Big 5 hunter), and I will not do business with the EGS until they stop stabbing gamers in the back for their own profit.

So until you all stop promoting and using the EGS (except to download every free game you can just to fuck Epic over)...

Cakedaddy

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Cakedaddy »

All that from a guy who still buys EA games. :-)
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:48 pm All that from a guy who still buys EA games. :-)
I really don't. First of all, I haven't been able to get into my EA/Origin account for a few years, so... Secondly, I did break down and bought Madden when AB was on the cover. Other than that, I try my best to avoid them, but holy shit do they distribute and publish a LOT of games. It's essentially impossible to totally avoid them.

And to be fair to EA, I didn't really care when you were fighting them about language on forums. I did care about their corporate greed eliminating a lot of awesome developers and then them trying to make microtransactions a part of our daily gaming lives.
Cakedaddy

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Cakedaddy »

Fighting about language on forums? I was mad because when I couldn't log into the game because their shit was fucked, I said it wasn't right that I had to pay for service I wasn't getting and also that my houses could all decay because a refresh would get wiped. They literally laughed at me and said "Then don't play". They knew that I wouldn't stop paying or I'd lose my investment in the game. This was back when there was still a phone number you could call and talk to someone. They had the attitude of "we don't need you, and really don't care. Just leave if you don't like it". So we did.

I showed them.

They still don't care about the customer, and don't have to because people keep buying shit from them.

And I disagree that you can't NOT play/buy their games. We both have dozens of games in our libraries that haven't been played yet. We could easily go the rest of our lives never playing another EA game, and not run out of good games to play.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:39 pm Fighting about language on forums? I was mad because when I couldn't log into the game because their shit was fucked, I said it wasn't right that I had to pay for service I wasn't getting and also that my houses could all decay because a refresh would get wiped. They literally laughed at me and said "Then don't play". They knew that I wouldn't stop paying or I'd lose my investment in the game. This was back when there was still a phone number you could call and talk to someone. They had the attitude of "we don't need you, and really don't care. Just leave if you don't like it". So we did.
I have absolutely no recollection of this at all. I don't even know what game you're referencing?

I remember you getting bent out of shape about something on their forums once. The C&C forums if I remember correctly.
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:39 pm And I disagree that you can't NOT play/buy their games.
See, this is where lines get blurry. Outside of cheating once and playing that Madden, which sucked (Madden is basically the same game every year, but with tons of microtransactions. You don't need to buy any, but apparently loads of people do.), I haven't played an EA game in forever that I am aware of.

Now ones that they had nothing to do with, but simply distributed/published...that's where I'm far less sure and you should be as well. They don't promote "EA" with those, probably because they understand most people hate them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Post by GORDON »

I think it was me who got banned from the C&C forums, way back when I learned that forum mods were bigger fucking idiots than the average person who posted on C&C forums.

It's a classic example of "You give a little person a little power, and they think they're powerful."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."