Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Post by Leisher »

I have no idea how this game came about, but long story short, if you don't remember the action movies and their clichés of the 70s, 80s, and 90s then skip this game. The joke will go right over your head. (Michael Biehn is the voice of the hero.)

This is essentially Far Cry-lite and set in a world that's cyber inspired. Think lots of neon and cyborgs. All the rest of the Far Cry gameplay is there, but way, way scaled back.

It's also very short. If you just run to the enemy fortresses and take them down, no need to be silent, you could theoretically beat the game in a single session. For every fortress you take down you typically get a single side mission to do. Those usually require stealth, but again, are pretty quick to beat.

For main missions, I beat the very first one, the second, and then ignored the rest to just do the fortresses and side stuff. Next thing I knew I was doing the final mission, which is actually the highlight of the game, and all the other missions were gone?

If you love FPS games and those actions movies, you might have a little fun with this, but don't spend any real money.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”