Magic: Legends

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Gotta say, i'm pretty interested in this one. A Diabloesque ARPG with CCG deck building strategies in the Magic universe, hell yes!

Open Beta is March 23 and game will be F2P once released.

...I'm just hoping its not a cash grab and filled with microtransactions.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:39 pm ...I'm just hoping its not a cash grab and filled with microtransactions.
I feel like there's a market for a gaming company that bucks the microtransaction trend.

"Here's our game. Pay us _____ up front and we'll never ask for another dime."

Of course, the games would need to be good and full of content. They couldn't be the type of casual stuff that lends itself to microtransactions, which never seem to actually be games.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I don't particularly dislike microtransactions if its done right. I think League does it right, i've played it for all these years and at no disadvantage to any player that may have dumped thousands of dollars into the game. This game looks more PvE based so its a little different when i say "disadvantage" but deeper pockets might get you more in the game.

I just know in Hearthstone another CCG game, if you wanna play competitively you better be buying packs of cards or else your deck will be inferior to your opponent. I just hope this game doesn't go down that road.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:21 pm "Here's our game. Pay us _____ up front and we'll never ask for another dime."
All nintendo games?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:04 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:21 pm "Here's our game. Pay us _____ up front and we'll never ask for another dime."
All nintendo games?
Pretty sure there are microtransactions on some Switch games?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:18 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:04 pm
All nintendo games?
Pretty sure there are microtransactions on some Switch games?
But are they Nintendo games?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Amibos or whatever they are called. The little characters you can buy and insert into their games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:42 pm Amibos or whatever they are called. The little characters you can buy and insert into their games.
Hmmm. We've never bought amiibos. Although, we did buy some empty NFC tags that could be written to be Amiibos :)
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, but those should count as a Nintendo game with micro transactions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 pm Ya, but those should count as a Nintendo game with micro transactions.
Completely optional.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Red deck wins baby.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:46 pm
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 pm Ya, but those should count as a Nintendo game with micro transactions.
Completely optional.
Aren't they all?
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Open Beta starts tomorrow, gotta give this one a test drive.

All progress made during open beta will be saved once the game goes live, so that's a bonus.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!