Alienware UFO (Dell)

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Alienware UFO (Dell)

Post by Leisher »

A Switch killer?

This is one I'll definitely watch develop.

A Switch that plays PC games? If I can access my Steam library and save games on the go... Although, without a mouse and keyboard I'd limit my travel games to side scrollers and sports games.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alienware UFO (Dell)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:35 am A Switch that plays PC games? If I can access my Steam library and save games on the go... Although, without a mouse and keyboard I'd limit my travel games to side scrollers and sports games.
Yeah, How many games will work well for this?

Even on some Switch ports, there's the issue of the fonts not being designed for this, etc.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alienware UFO (Dell)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:08 am Yeah, How many games will work well for this?
There are a lot of games on Steam where this would work well. However, FPSs are out unless they add aimbots and garbage like that, which is what they do on consoles. RTSs would pretty much suck.

However, like I said, most action games, side scrollers, Diablo-esque games, RPGs, casual games, and sports games would work well.

Now if they added a kickstand on the back, a mini wireless keyboard (with a massively reduced number of buttons and yes, such things already exist, but would currently be too big for this), and a mini wireless mouse, perhaps they would make those other games playable.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”