Observation

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Observation

Post by Leisher »

Interactive story that has you playing through the "eyes" (cameras) of S.A.M. (Systems, Administration, and Maintenance). Sam is the AI on an international space station. However, you come online with only one crew member around and some weird shit happening.

This is every stranded in space and alien stuff makes zero sense Sci-Fi movie you've ever seen.

The game play is exploration and puzzles. Although, none of the puzzles are really puzzles. I mean they are, but they aren't. Most involve just figuring out what the hell you're supposed to do, and then they're simple.

The best parts of the game are that it is pretty nice to look at, everything about the station and the technology within seems pretty legit, the voice acting is great, moving in an environment without gravity (you get access to flying spheres) was cool, and the story (until the end) had me interested.

The bad parts are the science (some was good, some was bad), some of the artwork that had pens and stuff sitting on desks in zero gravity, everything with the aliens was nonsense because it can be, the ending is ambiguous, it's kind of short, the end of the story, and it played more like a film where you were collecting props or dialogue for the next scene.

Meh. I enjoyed going through it, but can't really recommend it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”