Pillars of Eternity

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Pillars of Eternity

Post by Leisher »

The closest thing I've played to actual D&D.

A pretty big game and a steal for the $7.49 it's currently listed at on Steam.

Extremely deep. There is so much stuff that I never even got to a lot of it, like enchanting items. Never really figured it out.

There's combat that can be paused to become turn based or you can just let it go, it seems to follow 5e rules or something really close, a deep as hell story with real world parallels, various companions (I never even got them all) with their own stories, castle building, a prison in your castle where you can put people, lots of locations, bounties, all of your decisions affect the ending slides, loads of equipment, dragons, different tactics for combat, you can play the game as good or evil, and so on.

You can also import your save game files to Pillars of Eternity 2.

Very, very good game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Pillars of Eternity

Post by Cakedaddy »

Did you just play the core $7.49 version, or did you play all the add-on/expansion/DLC/season pass stuff?
Leisher
Site Admin

Pillars of Eternity

Post by Leisher »

I believe just the $7.49 version.

Looking at The White March expansion, definitely just the original version. My characters were capped at lvl 12. The White March lets them get to 14.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”