Far: Lone Sails

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Far: Lone Sails

Post by Leisher »

You're someone that starts off at a fresh grave, clearly saying goodbye. You then hop onto your ship, which is an amazingly designed "land sailboat" and head East for...

This is essentially a puzzler with light action, and none of the puzzles are going to have you stuck forever.

The whole game revolves around your ship, and it is perfectly designed. I really can't say enough about it. It's very fun to operate, and never overwhelms. It requires just enough attention to keep you immersed, but not too much to be annoying. Most of the features of the ship are how you will solve obstacles in your path. Sometimes the obstacles are obvious, sometimes not so much. Just try shit. You can't "break" a puzzle.

You can die though. However, don't worry as the game autosaves a lot and you'll lose no progress.

I LOVED this game. It's perfect in a lot of ways, and the love put into it is very evident. It touches you despite no dialogue or text. The soundtrack is really good. The art style is beautiful.

Is it worth $15? For the effort they put in, yes. For the length of the game? I'd say no. $5 or less would be perfect. It can be beaten in a few hours, but it's a fun few hours.

Recommended.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”