More multi gaming talk

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

How do you set the starting spots?

We played a random map with 5 or 6 planets. We each picked one. I didn't spawn on the one I picked. I ended up on a small moon like planet, with all three AI on my planet.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:01 pm We played a random map with 5 or 6 planets. We each picked one. I didn't spawn on the one I picked. I ended up on a small moon like planet, with all three AI on my planet.
Thankfully I was there to save the day! :lol:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

Had I not been ghosting for you, you would have lost!
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:06 pm Had I not been ghosting for you, you would have lost!
If I had even the slightest idea about any of the controls, I might not have needed you. I couldn't even get my third battlecruiser to go to that moon and I still don't know why. Couldn't get the one there to "patrol" the planet and just randomly kill everything either.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

So, good thing I was there to save the day!

But more importantly, Troy, how do we set where the AI spawns?
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:03 pm So, good thing I was there to save the day!

But more importantly, Troy, how do we set where the AI spawns?
It's an option when you make a map.
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

No it's not! You can select something like "Nearby" "Far away" and "Off World". I have it set to off world and they still always spawn on our planet.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:28 pm No it's not! You can select something like "Nearby" "Far away" and "Off World". I have it set to off world and they still always spawn on our planet.
I will have to fire it up later tonight when i get off work to check - but I remember being able to pick a big solar system and start on any planet i wanted.
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:32 pm pick a big solar system and start on any planet i wanted.
That is our dream.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

I can play tonight, but I'm out tomorrow night.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Another contender joins the fray, but we have to wait until 2713 for it... :D

Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Only Cake and I were on last night. We ended up not gaming.

Also, I am seriously considering planning out a 3090 tourney...
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Just gonna put this on the "maybe" list for multi some day. I've been meaning to play it and got to it this past weekend. I've enjoyed it thus far, definitely has the Halo gunplay that is so good, i'm going to say it feels better than B3. It's pretty cool that its open world so you will see others running around doing shit and can join up to help complete missions.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

I need more info on it.

I do vote to pull Iron Harvest off the list of potential games. It is not an RTS in the traditional sense. Very, very tactical. The micromanaging aspect is moved from the economy and building to the actual battles. Also, very small unit limits. It's a good game, but it wouldn't be fun to multi.
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:59 pm I need more info on it.
I'm still learning it myself so i can't say much more for it than, its an FPS with RPG and MMO elements. Its made by Bungee so it feels very Halo like.

This article from just a few months ago gives a rundown on what its like for new players. After reading it i decided to give it a shot.

https://www.windowscentral.com/destiny-2
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Let me know how it goes. You know what most of us here are looking for in our MMOs, so you will probably be spot on in deciding if we should try it or not.
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:44 pm Let me know how it goes. You know what most of us here are looking for in our MMOs, so you will probably be spot on in deciding if we should try it or not.
I'm not so sure about that anymore, at least on MMO's. :mrgreen: But i don't see this game as "MMO" as something like Lost Ark, Archeage, WoW etc. So i wouldn't go into it thinking its an MMO but i suppose it kind of is??

I just look at a game like this and think that it could be fun to run around with some of your bros for a night and if we all like it maybe we keep playing it.

Cake said he liked it a while back:
I would say it's closer to Serious Sam than Diablo. Serious Sam had a story, but it was all about the killing. That's what I'm getting from Destiny 2 right now. I'm told there is much more to it than what I've seen. One person who played it, then immediately bought the expansions, thought I was crazy for sitting in the same area killing shit for 7 hours straight.

Can't help it. It was fun!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

I have NO memory of ever playing this game. Let alone for 7 hours straight!
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:23 pm I have NO memory of ever playing this game. Let alone for 7 hours straight!
Well, i happened across this post when i was searching the forums to see if there was a Destiny thread already.
https://www.dtman.com/forum3/viewtopic. ... 82#p166782
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:23 pm I have NO memory of ever playing this game. Let alone for 7 hours straight!
It's not me, it's someone else.