More multi gaming talk

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:48 pm Putting me on Troy's team would probably handicap him more.
Plus, about halfway through the game, you'd just switch sides. :-)
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Me and a medium AI vs the World. (and Catt, later)
TheCatt
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:02 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:48 pm Putting me on Troy's team would probably handicap him more.
Plus, about halfway through the game, you'd just switch sides. :-)
#winning
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

So, if the Ukrainian president just surrenders his country to Russia. . . did he win?!
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:42 pm If we play more BL3, I'd want to do that arena thing we did right after finishing the story.
Was that the one where when you die you go to the tower and can still shoot from afar, but can no longer enter the arena? I'd be fine with that.
Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:42 pm I vote Dead Island.
Fine with me. It's very cheap for those folks who don't own it. (I'll even check to see if I have some spare keys.) It's not Dying Light, but it's fun.
Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:42 pm If we played TA, it'd have to be everyone vs Troy.
Troy was king of that hill wasn't he? I want a game like that back in our rotation just as a backup. It'd give me a go to for nights when I want something without story. I could go to it and practice.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'll load TA and play 30-40 games to try to catch up with Troy. There a Titans expansion that I ended up with somehow as well.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

FYI: Tiny Tina's is going to be an EGS exclusive for a year, so fuck that game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

FYI:
The "Remote Play Together Sale" started today on Steam and runs through 3/7...
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:15 pm FYI: Tiny Tina's is going to be an EGS exclusive for a year, so fuck that game.
One year?! damn, B3 was for 6 months. That blows!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Posting this video here because of Zero-K. It's towards the top of the list and looks like a free version of TA/SC, so Stranger would more likely play. :D

The rest of the video has some good games, although all single player. I DLed 6 of them including Zero-K, AM2R, If on a..., Cry of Fear, and Dr. Langeskov...

Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:00 pm It's towards the top of the list and looks like a free version of TA/SC, so Stranger would more likely play.
I'll give it a check. i haven't been able to respond to any of the thread because i usually do this stuff while at work but i've been hella busy this past week.

i do enjoy playing RTS games and i'm all for playing them if you all want to. I do already own a few, i'd have to check to see which ones though.

The only problem i have with RTS is, like i stated earlier when i've got units all over the map it becomes alot to handle but thats just a me thing where i like to have control over everything when doing stuff like that. That and also they get very repetitive after a few games, they are usually just an arms race where your building things as fast as you can in the most efficient order. But i'm definitely down to do some, even if its only one we play for a week or two before moving on to other games. i'm all for that.

You mentioned Civ earlier, thats similar but turn based. I've always wanted to play this multi but it might get boring as we sit around waiting for others to take their turn.

Not sure i'm into playing another zombie game at this time, We just did that for most of last summer. But if thats what everyone wants to play then i'd do that because gaming with others is always more fun than solo, even if its with you boneheads! :lol: :lol: :lol: . I just might lose interest in it before you guys do and i dont wanna quit a game that you guys are enjoying.

I'll read through some of the suggestions from earlier and give my ideas of what could be fun sometime today unless i get really busy here at work.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Oh yeah, i'm good to play this weekend sometime but not next weekend, i'll be in Columbus buying my new PC!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

RTS is definitely and arms race, but I don't see it as repetitive. TONS of strategies to use/create. Take TA for example.

Gordon liked air and would create kill zones for ground troops.
I liked ground attacks and figuring out ways through kill zones.
Leisher hoped we would ignore him till he could launch nukes.

3 different ways to play.

Then the next game, I'd create more air defense because Gordon's stuff damaged key infrastructure last game. And might go all air just because.
Gordon would increase artillery range.
Leisher hoped we would ignore him till he could launch nukes. :-)

You can turtle and go full defense and production early and go for the big units.

Not knowing what your enemy is doing forces you to think/change how you use your resources.

Repetitive? I strongly disagree!

That being said, this is one of the problems I had with PA. There was only one set of units. I felt totally ripped off supporting it's kickstarter and then finding out there weren't going to be factions/races. We all play with the same few units. This, to me, did lead to some repetitiveness. What you could do was limited to the few units we could play with.

And when I said I would load TA in an earlier post, I meant PA.
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

Looking at the "play together" sale. I have been interested in Unrailed, and have Overcooked. Not sure if we want to try games like this.
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:15 am I felt totally ripped off supporting it's kickstarter
And, to rub salt, I see there are 27 units that I can buy for an additional $2 each. Fuck these guys. Seriously.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:15 am Leisher hoped we would ignore him till he could launch nukes.
Mostly true.
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:15 am this is one of the problems I had with PA.
What is PA?

After I hit submit... Planetary Annihilation? I forgot that even existed!
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:10 pm Notes on some of the ones I suggested:
-Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander
I read TA, but was thinking PA the whole time. I thought you were talking about PA. There's no way anyone would play TA with me. That's one that I would take all of you on.

As far as PA, I can beat the normal AI now. Who wants some?!

Also, I think the $2 units are commander skins, not new units. They are releasing new units as well, but not sure if those cost extra or not.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Here's one out of the ordinary for us.

Phasmophobia is a game I am hearing good things about. 4 player coop, $14 on Steam right now, and it's about ghost hunting, but you need to have really good communication.

Watch the clip on Steam. Shit's creepy.
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:41 pm
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:15 am I felt totally ripped off supporting it's kickstarter
And, to rub salt, I see there are 27 units that I can buy for an additional $2 each. Fuck these guys. Seriously.
Amending my review since playing more. The extra cost units are just commander skins. They have been adding new units and they are included in what I have. So they apparently don't cost any extra.

It's more fun now than it was after release. I'm beating Normal+ difficulty now. You guy will never catch up now.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:38 pm
Leisher wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:10 pm Notes on some of the ones I suggested:
-Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander
I read TA, but was thinking PA the whole time. I thought you were talking about PA. There's no way anyone would play TA with me. That's one that I would take all of you on.
Oh - lol - read it as Supreme Commander myself! I have that loaded. Have played it in the last few weeks even.

PA is ok but I think it might be better with real players then AI. There is a mod that gives another set of units - which is cool.