More multi gaming talk

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Stranger hinted to me that he's been seeing Dying Light 2 on sale. I think he's getting itchy about doing some multi. I already own it, so I'm ready.

Also, saw a new game on Steam: This Means Warp. Still in Early Access, but something to watch. 1-4 coop play and looks like the type of game any of us could play (Catt, me, Cake, Troy, Gordon, Stranger, Alazard, etc.). This is not an endorsement for it as I've never played it, but it looks like a lighter entry as opposed to something like the aforementioned Dying Light 2 that will consume a lot of time and involve the same peeps.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

I see you guys doing Albion and applaud it even if I don't want to play it. :)

I did want to highlight that Dark and Darker has it's fourth free Open Beta playtest period now through the 13th.

It's 1-3 player PVE / PVP. Party dungeon crawler extract, Dungeons and Dragons like classes, It looked really fun when people were playing it together on twitch.

I'll download it if anyone wants to give it a try this week.
Last edited by Troy on Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

I'll take a peek at it tonight on Steam.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:59 pm I see you guys doing Albion and applaud it even if I don't want to play it. :)
Based on your UO play, I really think you'd like this one.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Dark and Darker looks kind of awesome. I just wonder if it can live up to what it's claiming.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

It's: Fighter, Barbarian, Rogue, Ranger, Wizard, Cleric.

They added a solo dungeon this round. You still see other pvp guys in it.

I died within 30 seconds of playing my first round. It looks a lot easier to play than it is.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Did you die doing PvP or solo?

Is the demo worth the DL? I just started Greedfall, but D&D looks to have a ton of potential.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Did about 25 runs between Solo and the Regular map. The solo map seems a little smaller. ~16 other players spawn with you spread out in both dungeons. Escape portals open about halfway through the 15 minute timer as the circle closes.

Out of 25 runs, I extracted 4 times successfully, each time getting lucky with an early escape portal spawning in nearby. I died to monsters maybe half of the rest as I learned their quirks, and to players the rest of the times. I killed two rangers in close quarters once, and got stomped by 3 man teams a few times.

I used the money I got from my successful runs to buy a longsword and some bandages. That's the weapon I was using when I 1v2'd the two rangers in a hallway. Sadly I didn't make it out that round so the longsword didn’t either.

Got killed a few times by PC Rogues too. They can be invisible but can't move and keep it up. I'd run into a spot, see it was already clear, and then suddenly start getting stabbed. At least it takes them a bunch of stabs to finish you off.

Class wise I tried Fighter, Cleric, and Wizard. Fighter was the best for solo, I found. The cleric seemed great for groups. Wizard too.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

I'll DL it tonight. I want to see if it plays like what the trailer implies. If it's basically D&D and we can multi it, I'll be way into doing that.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:49 pm I'll DL it tonight. I want to see if it plays like what the trailer implies. If it's basically D&D and we can multi it, I'll be way into doing that.
It's not just like D&D tho - it's more D&D plus Escape from Tarkov or Left 4 Dead... or something.

Tried a half dozen runs as a wizard during lunch. Got absolute shit on by everything but managed to get a few pvp kills in with my fireball. Also electrocuted myself a bunch of times with chain lightning. If you are the closest humanoid to the original target, it'll launch right back at you. F.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Had to go onsite so I can't game anymore, but today is the last day of the Open Beta for Dark and Darker. I had a lot of fun, even just going solo on runs. Am definitely following the game as it rolls out.

The general game flow of:
Going through a dungeon with barely any gear to start
Extracting with a few decent items(not even for your class)
Going to the marketplace
Selling the goods stuff to other players
Buying kick-ass class specific items to go on your next run
Losing everything like an idiot
Repeat

Is so damn fun.

I got pretty good at killing players, but no better at fighting groups as a solo. Unless you get the surprise on a group engaged with monsters or traps, it's really tough.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

When it goes live I'll be up for playing it.
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Definitely looks like a good game. Do you know how close to release this game is?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Stranger wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:09 pm Definitely looks like a good game. Do you know how close to release this game is?
IRONMACE has hopes for a tentative Q3 2023 release date window for Dark and Darker.
They should add a few more dungeons at release at least.

Right now there is
1) Goblin caves (solo only)
2) Undead Castle Dungeon (the original)
3) High Roller Dungeon (requires 100 gold ante to enter, big loot, tough enemies)

There is also a deeper level you can go to instead of extracting at the end at red portals (blue ones extract). It's "Hell" and full of bosses. I didn't go down there because I always wanted to bank the money/items if I got to that point.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Once the Albion craze has ended, I'd like to revisit The Forest with the intention of actually beating the game.

Sons of the Forest is out now (although I think still in Early Access) and the reviews are through the roof.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:22 am Once the Albion craze has ended, I'd like to revisit The Forest with the intention of actually beating the game.
JOIN US
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:46 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:22 am Once the Albion craze has ended, I'd like to revisit The Forest with the intention of actually beating the game.
JOIN US
NEVER!!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by TheCatt »

:(

We need you to help flesh out or 5v5 group. And troy
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Never say never, but I don't see it happening.

I've got a lot going on right now.
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

We had about a two year drought where no games were being played. The second a game grabs everyone's attention, Leisher chimes in with wanting to play games with everyone, but a different game than what everyone is playing. . .

When the Albion craze is over, I predict Leisher will be playing a different game and won't have time. :D