More multi gaming talk

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Stranger and I were chatting at golf about potential games to play as a group. Here's the list we discussed:
Generation Zero
State of Decay 2
Fantasy Star Online 2
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Raft

Stranger, what am I missing?

Oh, and I'd happily be slightly worse than an AI opponent in TA while Troy and Cake battle for the top spot.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by TheCatt »

Me, if invited

It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

The only other one i can remember discussing was Divinity: original Sin 2. IMO the best PC version of D&D ever made.. Same studio (Larian games??) is making Baldur's Gate 3 right now, that will probably be the new best PC version of D&D ever made.

I'm trying to like Phantasy Star online 2 but its adaptation from the Japanese version is not very good. Convoluted and confusing menus and questing systems make this game tough to enjoy. Fighting and action are fun, but everything else blows so far. Too bad because i really wanted to like this game, the Gamecube version back in the day was one of my favorites. Its free to play if you wanna give it a shot, its on the Microsoft store though.. so just another reason to not like it.

Oh yeah, Borderlands 3.. forgot about that one. I dont own it yet though.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Generation Zero
State of Decay 2

Are these persistent server games (like Forest should have been) or single sitting attempts, like Don't Starve?

Halo, I'd be in, but would want to catch the next sale.

The other two, I don't know but would follow the group.

TA - I don't think Troy ever played this one.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Halo, I'd be in, but would want to catch the next sale.
I'm fine with waiting until a sale hits, but please use the time to view game play videos and research what interests you.

Gen Zero, I think, would be like our runs through Borderlands. There are save game points. The best way I can describe it is: Payday, but nowhere near as hectic, on an open world map with a linear progression, crafting, tactics, and killer robots. Real weapons, not a ton of ammo, landmarks on the map that represent more supplies, but additional danger, and so on. We'd have to be on coms to discuss approaching landmarks and how to distract/attack the bots.

State of Decay 2 I'll have to research.

B3 would be fine, but you're going to have to wait as I check my guns. I also heard this doesn't have quite the charm as the last one.

Raft is coop open world survival on the water. Your base is your boat. Played 3 minutes of it total. Good reviews, but I'll have to research.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Raft looks cool. I’m game to multi.

I’m still going hard at Rust at the moment. Doing an official- 200 pop all the time - Facepunch server. It’s getting really pretty nuts. Got a base down but not much weaponry. If I can get out of the primitive phase I found the phone linked smart switches and alarms I can setup and try.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Generation Zero is just $12.50 for the next 42 hours...
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Looks like Steam summer sale is on. Some of the prices for the multi games discussed in this thread:

Raft -30% $13.99
Borderlands 3 -30% $29.99
Divinity Original Sin 2 -50% $22.49
Generation Zero -50% $12.49
Halo Master Chief collection -20% $31.99
State of Decay 2 -20% $23.99
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm mostly interested in:

Raft
Gen Zero
State of Decay 2

Let me know if any are a go.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Raft
Gen Zero
I own both and they are both installed on my system right now.
Cakedaddy wrote: State of Decay 2
I am very interested in this one, EXCEPT I'm concerned about reviews indicating issues with the MS launcher or something? (I don't have Steam on this PC, so I'm not looking at the reviews right now.)

FYI, I have a family dinner this evening and won't be home until 10-11, (scheduled AFTER D&D was cancelled) but I would be happy to jump on and play Raft or Gen Zero once I got home. Ditto for tomorrow evening. Heading to the lake...maybe...but either way I plan on being home by the evening.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Trying Raft tonight.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Post your thoughts when you're done.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Pretty fun. Not enough pve content, just that dickhead shark. Good co-op support and Zelda played with me. She was eaten by the shark in the first game because she couldn't figure out how to get back on the raft.

One person creates the World, which starts as a small 2x2 raft in the middle of the ocean and you go from there. You use these plastic hooks on a rope to pick up debris floating by and build/upgrade the raft. The shark will eat a square every x minutes because he is an asshole. Unless you spear him but you have to be super quick.

Pretty casual, easy to pick up and put down. The World saves/loads VERY smoothly. Your Raft is just as you left it, and if you exit the world 20 feet underwater you load in 20 feet underwater.

Making a Sail/Paddle early on and island hopping for fruit and wood was crucial to surviving a few days. There's a research system, which I don't totally get, but all characters share the same knowledge. If we do a session today i'll figure out a smelter so I can make ingots and better items.

We figured out, but didn't execute, the way to harvest the reef shallows for items. Catch enough fish for shark bait and toss it, and then use your plastic hook on the shiny objects on the reef while the shark is distracted.

Or you can sort of glitch the game by leaving one person behind on an island and sailing off - the shark will follow the raft. We totally learned this accidentally when Zelda zoned out and sailed off leaving me stranded on an island.
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

I think I’ll pick this up and check it out.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

I'll give it a run through this evening.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Met up with Stranger on our Raft, and with the extra hand it was EZ mode. Killing the shark on the regular and eating him. Mounted the shark's head on the side for clout.

We'll up to normal difficulty next session.
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Yeah I’m enjoying the laidback game play. Normal mode will make the shark much more dangerous.

Although i cant seem to change the difficulty on the game i started earlier. you sure you can do that?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Stranger wrote: Yeah I’m enjoying the laidback game play. Normal mode will make the shark much more dangerous.

Although i cant seem to change the difficulty on the game i started earlier. you sure you can do that?
No - not sure. I knew you could toggle friendly fire on and off, so I assumed you could change difficulty too on the same screen. Maybe not.

e: no way to change diff on a already created game
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Will start a new medium difficulty game after dinner - about an hour.
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Troy wrote: Will start a new medium difficulty game after dinner - about an hour.
Right on, hope leisher can jump on too
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!