More multi gaming talk

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Your post is about as truthful as a typical politician's speech and example #900 of why I prefer playing solo.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

All I see is:
Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:46 pm I prefer playing solo.

8)
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

That's nothing I've ever made a secret. Play my huge library of games, on my time, at my pace, actually engage with the story (my favorite part), and be able to do other things like watch a movie at the same time versus the constant struggle of getting everyone into the same game, dealing with all the tech issues that come up, trying to make your schedule match others, having no flexibility while playing, and so on?

Being an introvert on top of it?

It's no contest.

That being said, playing some of the games we have played has been a ball and I'd love to go back and actually finish some of the ones we had been playing like Payday, The Forest, L4D, etc. I'd also like to play some of the new ones coming like the Dungeon one Troy recently pointed out.

I won't be joining Albion, but I'll be up for something when you're done.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:00 pm I won't be joining Albion, but I'll be up for something when you're done.
Same. I would also play the Forest. Next Dark and Darker playtest is April 14th.
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:25 pmSame
Given your UO background, it would appeal to you. Just sayin'.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

P.S. Dark and Darker's parent company got sued by a larger Korean studio who said former employees left with the idea and took assets. It's off the Steam store. The internet buzz seems to be that it's bullshit, but it's a David v. Goliath type situation where the game can now be tied up in court. Big bummer.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Dark and Darker is playtest is back. New Map, New Class (Bard), other new stuff.

Because of the lawsuit it's no longer on Steam, but the company is using a torrent link for the latest build. I can't play until Sunday but am definitely watching people play on Twitch.
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Got the seed and have done the Fifth Alpha test. Server was a little up or down.

New map that is apparently too tall in height and became a Ranger/Rogue sniper fest. An average game on the new map seems to have a lot more people than mobs and is pvp focused. My limited experience is that it's not doable as a solo. At all.

Each class is customizable and it's most apparent when you make level 20. New Bard class. Can peacemake UO style in an AOE, and also provoke monsters in an AOE. Only saw a few alive.

The only class I had success and got loot out of dungeons was Cleric.

It's not a great fighting class, but when I had the money for two handed weapons I had some more success there. Warhammers, Quarterstaffs, and bigger damage weapons were the splurge buy when I had a good extract. The class can heal on cast instantly and the heals will come back when you rest. Clerics have a few large dmg magic spells against undead you can pick from. You can also buff yourself right before fights.

Fighter options are kind of limited. A few 10% damage, speed, and a one-use heal. Not as game changing as the cleric when solo.

One cleric downside is that my looting score: "Resourcefulness" is garbage. It takes me forever to search all the chests and bodies in the room. Rogue and Ranger are a lot better at that. Opening and closing doors too.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

I really want it to come back to Steam!
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

6 (actually 8) co-op games for $15 in a Humble Bundle right now.

It's worth it for Back 4 Blood alone. Anacrusis is another I'd try.

The zombie games I'd be down to try. I believe they're pretty popular.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Dying Light 2 is 50% during the Steam Sale.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Dead By Daylight adds a new character:
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

If we start up our Friday gaming nights, what would you want to play? Troy? Stranger? Gordo? Catt? Cake? You don't even have to name a game. Name a genre.

I would like to play:
-Generation Zero
-The Forest (with the intention of then playing Sons of the Forest), but really trying to beat the game this time.
-Is there a good RTS to play?
-How about a Civ game or a 4X?
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

I would play:
Generation Zero - Although, I don't know anything about it.
The Forest - Do we need to have a dedicated server so we can farm through the week in our spare time, then push the story on game night? Or can we farm and push at the same time on game night?
RTS - Of course there are good ones. Beyond All Reason is really good and free. We have a long list of others that are playable as well. Only problem with RTS is there is always one of us that spends WAY more time playing and can dominate the rest of us so we never end up playing. But I'm down for trying.

Civ or 4x. I'm not in to that because I've never taken the time to really dig in and plow through the huge learning curve. Plus, they are soooo sloooooow to multi. I've played them solo, and had fun, but couldn't imagine multi playing when I can turn the game speed up and make you hurry through your turn like I can with the AI.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:33 pm Generation Zero - Although, I don't know anything about it.
FPS set in the 80s in one of the Nordic countries. Seems cool and is kind of a cult hit.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:33 pm The Forest - Do we need to have a dedicated server so we can farm through the week in our spare time, then push the story on game night? Or can we farm and push at the same time on game night?
Legit question. One of the things about this game is that I never knew if I was supposed to be crafting a base or exploring. The more time you take, the more baddies show up. The larger your base, the more baddies come to knock it down. This might be a game where we either say, "This is the way we're playing" or someone does some research to find exactly what we should be doing. Not sure we want to spend months just figuring out what we're supposed to do.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:33 pm Beyond All Reason is really good and free.
Never even heard of it and it's not on Steam. And I agree to your "Troy rule"...
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:33 pmCiv or 4x.
Just throwing out different ideas. Hell, I'd love another D&D campaign.
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:43 pm Never even heard of it and it's not on Steam. And I agree to your "Troy rule"...
Then how did I hear about it?! It's free, early access.

https://www.beyondallreason.info/

I don't know if it's the original TA team (again), or just super fans. But it tries to be the true successor to TA. I've had it installed for months, but have only played about 5 games. Could have sworn it was talked about here.

And ya. I didn't want to name any names, but, that's a good rule title.

EDIT:

It was discussed here. viewtopic.php?p=225782&hilit=beyond+all+reason#p225782

Troy's already had access to it. . . .
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Have been playing some Forged Alliance this week.

Based on this post, I just fired up BAR to see how things were going, had briefly checked it out earlier to see if they had managed to pull the TA vibe off
and thought it seemed pretty smooth.

My reaction today, post playing a week of SC:FA is it looks GREAT. Two full factions, massive number of units. Tech is styled more like PA: Regular/Advanced versions of Ground/Air/Naval/Bot factories, a separate Hovership factory at one tier level, and an Experimental Factory I built to see what was inside. It was 7 full units like Assault Bots, Super Tanks, Spider things, metal AF.

I killed my AI opponent on accident at this point and this is as far as I got. This was for the alternate "Brutal" faction. HP on units is back to being more like Forged Alliance so the bigger units can take some hits. Defenses seem balanced. More to dive into. Some more changes on commands and UI but it's all really smooth, nice, and free.

Time to brush up, fellas. It's free.
Last edited by Troy on Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by GORDON »

I can beat the hardest AI in SC:FA, but not if they are the Aeon. Then they have level 3 bombers within about 10 minutes, and they lock on my commander blind, and I've barely got level 3 tech, much less a working shield.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

DLed
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy is playing. . .clock is ticking.

I watched a video of a dude going over various stuff. Unit control options are plentiful and amazing. He said a few times "I keep finding things I didn't know I needed". Dynamic formations based on mouse movements, patrol options, etc. If you can memorize the key combos, you can tell many units to do complex things very quickly.