More multi gaming talk

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: You have been the only reliable one here.
I guess I multi like you answer work emails? :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

But I DO answer them.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

HA! But it takes forever!

I'm in for Halo next Friday.

Be nice if anyone else joined us. 4 player game?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

FYI, State of Decay 2 is finally out of MS store exclusivity and on the Steam store. It's also on sale this week. It's a co-op zombie base builder/survival. I swear I remember seeing something negative on it, but all reviews are pretty positive...?

It would definitely be one I'd be interested in possibly multiing as the original was pretty cool.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Never mind. Found the reviews that say the multi feels slapped on and sucks.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

9 p.m. this Friday Cake and I are starting the Halo: MCC campaign.

I think it's up to 4 people for co-op. Anyone else want to join us?

We'll be doing this on Fridays when the rest of us aren't playing Among Us, D&D, or whatever else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: 9 p.m. this Friday Cake and I are starting the Halo: MCC campaign.

I think it's up to 4 people for co-op. Anyone else want to join us?

We'll be doing this on Fridays when the rest of us aren't playing Among Us, D&D, or whatever else.
Bump bitches
Stranger

More multi gaming talk

Post by Stranger »

Sounds fun, i loved playing the original Halo with ya. But i don't own it and i'm not really sure how much i'd play it cause i'm so caught up in WOW.

Sorry, i'll probably pop into discord and catch up with you guys and see how you're doing.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Been on for 30 minutes and Cake's playing Rust the whole time. With his son and 1 other person. On the first Friday after a wipe.

You're probably waiting on me to IM you or jump into the Rust discord channel, but fuck that. I'm not pulling you away from playing with your kid on the most important day of a wipe. Do your thing with your kid.

We can shoot for next Friday and/or Saturday. I also might be available tomorrow night. Let me know.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by TheCatt »

You could join them on the server?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

I wasn't down for Rust.

Cake wound up texting me seconds after I posted that and we played until 1:30 or so. Loads of fun. Through the first 7 chapters of Reach.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Cake, if we're continuing this evening, I'll be a bit late.

I'm on swim team duty tonight, running the girls around, and then will finally get to eat. 10 should be the absolute latest.

I think we can finish Reach tonight.
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'll be there.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Just got home and eating. Make it 10.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

We finished Reach tonight.

Cake and I each didn't realize we weren't Master Chief. HA!

Really cool game with a very good story line. Cake said it felt very Rogue One like. I agree.

Halo: CE begins next week!
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

Tiny Tina's is coming, but I'm not sure that'd be a day one purchase for me. (Particularly if it's an EGS exclusive.)

Iron Harvest?
I still absolutely want to play through Generation Zero co-op.
Dying Light 2?
Starbound?
Hammerting? (No idea, just looking in my library for co-op games.)
No Man's Sky?
Dead by Daylight?
Total Annihilation?
Supreme Commander?
Command & Conquer?
The Forest?
L4D?
Raft?
Dead Island?
Troy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Troy »

Need a good multi RTS to play.
Leisher
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by Leisher »

I'm strongly debating uninstalling BL3. (Do we need it for Tiny Tina?) I don't want to waste anymore time on it. The main story barely held my interest, and the last few times have been snoozefests. I originally planned to play through it solo like I did for BL2, but honestly, it sucked so I'm not interested in doing that.

Honestly, we need to figure this all out before we try and meet. I have no desire to waste time tonight yapping about what we can play before realizing that most of us won't have whatever gets discussed, and I'm not getting on to play BL3. Just not in the mood for it tonight.

Notes on some of the ones I suggested:
-Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander (I think we should always have this in our back pocket. No reason me, Stranger, Cake, Troy, Gordon, and Catt couldn't play and still have room for two more people if we wanted...8 players, right?) (Maybe Iron Harvest or C&C work too?)
-DL2 (Dying Light was a ball and none of us have touched the story yet. 2-4 players)
-Generation Zero (FPS, cheap, 4 player coop, etc.)
-Raft? (I know it's coop, but I know basically nothing about it. 8 players)
-Dead Island? (Another zombie game in the same vein as Dying Light. Not sure how many can coop, but I think it's at least 4. Also it's pretty cheap at this point. 4 players)
-The Forest? (If nothing else, we can try to ram through the story, which has been completed since we originally played it. 8 Players)
-No Man's Sky? (cheaper now, how many can play? 2-4 players in a group, but up to 32 in one universe...whatever that means.)
-Project Zomboid? (126 people per server. Isometric zombie game that's heavy on survival.)
-any Civilization? (I'm sure everyone could play? I'd, and probably Stranger, would get wrecked due to the micromanagement stuff, but I'm fine with that. It'd be a new gameplay experience. This could be another one we keep always installed so it can be a fallback.)
-Axis & Allies (I don't remember, does it suck?)

There are tons of games I'm missing, like L4D, Payday, MW:O, and a billion others. Not to mention a D&D campaign to finish!!! :D

Let's get a plan together for both a current game to plow through and fallback games for multi on nights when we're missing someone or have beaten something and don't want to dig into a new story.

My votes for fallback are Civilization and TA/SC/SC2/IH/C&C/A&A (Whatever works best there). For current game, my top vote would be DL2 then Gen Zero. Everything is acceptable as well, but those would be my top two votes.
Cakedaddy

More multi gaming talk

Post by Cakedaddy »

I vote Dead Island. I've had it forever just waiting to multi it.

If we play more BL3, I'd want to do that arena thing we did right after finishing the story. We fought through a few waves, and then ran out of time. Didn't finish them all. I think there were 5? It was the only time in the game where we were challenged and had to work together, communicate, etc. That couple of hours was more fun than all the other we had in the game. The stuff we've been doing the last couple of sessions has been boring.

If we played TA, it'd have to be everyone vs Troy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More multi gaming talk

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:42 pm I'd want to do that arena thing we did right after finishing the story. We fought through a few waves, and then ran out of time. Didn't finish them all. I think there were 5? It was the only time in the game where we were challenged and had to work together, communicate, etc. That couple of hours was more fun than all the other we had in the game.
Agreed.
Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:42 pm If we played TA, it'd have to be everyone vs Troy.
Putting me on Troy's team would probably handicap him more.
It's not me, it's someone else.