Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Coming soon to Steam and available now for pre-order at $39.99.

I would be interested in going through the whole Halo story co-op if anyone else would be interested. There aren't millions of weapons or cool quips outside of cut scenes, so there would be very little waiting around while weapons are examined and chosen.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

How many players?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

According to the conveniently linked website 1-4 co-op.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

It's Halo. I know Halo. I want Halo. Don't need no sticking website selling me Halo. Just needed to know how many players.

I would be in. Assuming it doesn't go Epic at the last minute.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger told me earlier he'd be in too. That makes three.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I clicked on the link, and now I have more questions:

It seems this is HEAVILY geared towards PvP (death match, etc). 140 multiplayer maps and 67 campaign missions. Seems like a short story with MUCH PvP support. Even the trailer seemed to highlight death match stuff. The Original Halo, and Halo 2 had really good stories. Are they doing away with this model and going the route of Call of Duty? Minimal story, heavy team fighting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't know.

That link I added in my very first post seems to have a lot of info, but I'm not going on record with anything right now.

I, like you, have zero interest in late-90s death match game play. I want that co-op story.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ok, so it looks like you play the original Halo games, which had good stories (I only played the first two). So it's replaying the old stuff. I don't know what version they are currently on, but they promise Halo 4 in 2020.

It's on sale right now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Halo 4 will be automatically added to the package this year? Without additional purchase?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Correct. I thought Halo 4 was a new release. It's old. 2012 release.

So all games, through Halo 4 are part of the package. They just have a timed release. They are remastered, etc. Same, original campaigns, from what I can tell. Many of the negative reviews (which are the vast minority of reviews) are audio issues (the sound the plasma gun makes is not accurate is one, or the audio is not synch'ed correctly is another), or multiplayer lag issues. Some elaborated with people on low speed connections beat people on faster connections because of some metric the game uses to correct for imbalances between high/low speed connections). So the lag issues seemed to bother the pvp people. But again, very low negative response.

I'm interested and have the time to play right now. But could also keep it on my 'buy later' list. I just want to play games.

Only two of the 6 parts are released right now. But the master chief collection includes them all. You can buy them separate for smaller increments, but probably higher end price.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I should add that it requires X-box live for something. I read that you invite people to your game through Steam. But Steam says you need an X-Box live account.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

It's on sale. It could be something we play on our regular Friday night gaming sessions that everyone was interested in. . . .
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Buying it.

I, literally, have been looking at it all week thinking of making the purchase and running through all four games.

You sealed the deal.

Easy game to multi. There isn't tons of dialogue. Only a handful of weapons and they're all the same. It's just action.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Like the Duke Nukem multi of old?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Not at all like that. DN3D to me, was pure multi. And it evolved into "you're a pussy if you don't kill me with trip mines".

This would be pure co-op. More like Borderlands than DN3D.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

More like BL in that we would be going through the story together. More like DN3D in the simplicity of the weapons and such.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bought it.

Not installed yet. Need to clear up some hard drive space.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher and I have this. Anyone else? I'm ready far-it-up.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

When will people be ready to start this? What night works? Or am I the only one who's ready?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I mean, did anyone other than you and I say they had it? I know others have suggested joining, but I saw nothing else about ownership.

I would suggest we play this on Friday nights if we're not D&Ding or the group isn't up for something else. Obviously tomorrow night is out, but I can start next Friday.