WOW Classic

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

WOW Classic

Post by Leisher »

Ok, I installed it on my secondary machine during lunch.

What server do I pick to play on?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

WOW Classic

Post by Stranger »

I'm on Kromcrush, east coast PvP server. I'm horde so make sure you pick that and not alliance.

You can pick any race, Orc, Tauren, Undead, or Troll some are better than others depending on your class but for the most part doesn't matter.

same goes for classes all are viable in some way or another. you basically have Tank, DPS and heals.

Warriors are the tanks and really the only tanks, they can also spec into DPS.

Hunter, Mage, Rouge and Warlock are the DPS.

Priest are the best healers obviously, but they can also spec into DPS.

Druids and Shaman are hybrids. Druids are more DPS/tank whereas Shaman are DPS/healer. (I picked a Shaman)

So every class has a DPS roll they can fill so that leveling isn't impossible, but i hear leveling the warrior is the hardest at least the first 20 levels or so. But they become maybe the best class endgame. Hunter is considered the easiest to level with cause their pets can tank for them. So pick whatever class you want as all of them are perfectly fine. I do suggest following guides on this website as the game really just puts you into the world and you've gotta figure it out.

https://classic.wowhead.com/

Also, there are addons that most people download just for QoL. I'd recommend getting some of these and i'll let you know what ones i use if/when you want to get into the game some more. Let me know what you choose and good luck.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

WOW Classic

Post by Stranger »

Wanted to post this really good google doc that goes really in-depth about each class. What races are good for each, explains all three skill trees for each class, what professions go good with them, what to expect while leveling and how they all fare in PvE & PvP environments.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/142Q ... DTVcw/edit
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

WOW Classic

Post by Leisher »

Ok, I'm researching all your stuff.

So far I think I'm aiming towards an Undead Warlock whose professions are tailor and enchanter.

I've always been the front line person, so I want to try some ranged game play.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

WOW Classic

Post by GORDON »

Isn't WOW Blizzard? You're picking an interesting time to get on that bus.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

WOW Classic

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Isn't WOW Blizzard? You're picking an interesting time to get on that bus.
Why? Because they banned that Hearthstone player? To be fair, they banned him for breaking their rules, not for the content of his message. I think...

If I truly boycotted everything China, well, I'm not even sure that's possible.

Plus, I'm just checking it out for Stranger. If I like it enough to swallow the $15/month fee, great. If not, no harm, no foul.
TheCatt
Site Admin

WOW Classic

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If I truly boycotted everything China, well, I'm not even sure that's possible.
Srsly. Although, if Trump kept up his tariffs...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

WOW Classic

Post by Stranger »

Warlocks are awesome, they can summon demons to help tank for them, can summon people ( this is nice when grouping up for dungeons) and get a free mount at level 40.

This is huge because only Paldins and Warlocks get this, every other class has to save up for 40+ levels to pay for their mount. Mounts are something like 100 gold, which is ALOT of money in this game. That's something else i like about this game, gold actually means something and is hard to come by.

If i were to make an alt it would be either a Warlock for their DPS and utility or a Warrior because they are so sought after for dungeons.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

WOW Classic

Post by GORDON »

Yeah yeah yeah, everything is made in china. But the Blizzard thing is happening and growing specifically, today, right now. And that's an interesting bus upon which to be boarding. :-D
z4hyoix1npr31.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stranger

WOW Classic

Post by Stranger »

Take your political crap off this page please.

My God i can't get away from it anywhere i go!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

WOW Classic

Post by GORDON »

yes sir sry sir

just this thread or the whole paid forum?
Stranger

WOW Classic

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: yes sir sry sir
i didn't mean that in a rude way by the way.

Just saying that politics is everywhere now.. even in video games.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

WOW Classic

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: just this thread or the whole paid forum?
i was just refering to this thread, jokingly.. You are free to speak whatever you'd like to, this isn't China!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

WOW Classic

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote:
GORDON wrote: just this thread or the whole paid forum?
i was just refering to this thread, jokingly.. You are free to speak whatever you'd like to, this isn't China!
FREE THE WOW CLASSIC THREAD
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

WOW Classic

Post by GORDON »

Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!

#freeDTM
Leisher
Site Admin

WOW Classic

Post by Leisher »

Tried to create a character during lunch but Blizzard wants money from the jump.

I might try again over the weekend, but I'm still digging out from the flood and have two papers to write. I'll let you know.
Stranger

WOW Classic

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: I might try again over the weekend, but I'm still digging out from the flood and have two papers to write. I'll let you know.
I'm guessing you never created a character or else i would've heard something.

Just a fair bit of warning before you think about playing: I checked and i've got 150 hours into the game in 6 weeks. I'm at level 38 of 60, so its a grind but i find it to be a fun one.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

WOW Classic

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: I'm guessing you never created a character or else i would've heard something.
I did not. I would have, but that desire to be paid first is hurting their appeal for me. Not because it's so offensive, but because I don't know that I'll have $15 worth of time this month to play it.

I am still interested though and have installed it on my home PC.
Troy

WOW Classic

Post by Troy »

You can't kill people and take their stuff in this one, right?
Stranger

WOW Classic

Post by Stranger »

Troy wrote: You can't kill people and take their stuff in this one, right?
No you can't. When phase 2 gets released by the end of the year the honor system will be implemented, which basically gives you honor points for PvP and you get ranks and rewards based upon your ranking. This details the honor system pretty good right here:

https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/clas ... m-overview

So right now there really isn't much incentive to kill the other faction other than to keep them from farming the same mobs your are and make them ghost which means they have to make the long walk back to their corpse. so everyone is trying to get to level 60 before this system is up because a group of Alliance can just camp a zone and shut you out from leveling there, but thats not really happening to much right now. Just yesterday i was going to the Scarlet Monastery dungeon which is in Horde territory, but there was a group of Alliance at the entrance keeping us from getting inside. I got killed a few times but eventually enough Horde showed up and we took back our dungeon.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!