Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

I've gotten 2 pairs of green princess slippers and 2 sets of dresses from the Twitch drops. Gotta say, i've been less than impressed with these drops.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:45 pm I've gotten 2 pairs of green princess slippers and 2 sets of dresses from the Twitch drops. Gotta say, i've been less than impressed with these drops.
Yeah, they are also just pretty stuff.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

uhh.. just logged in and had an unclaimed reward. It was for a bronze founder's pack, had 150G and 30 more days of premium. I only purchased 30 days of premium yesterday..

Do you think this new Asian server has their premium system all screwed up? Hope they don't take it away from me!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Nice. I got... nothing.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Maybe i should check my card to see if i got charged..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Stranger wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:06 pm Maybe i should check my card to see if i got charged..
Maybe when you bought last month, they snuck an 'auto revew' option past you?
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

It's for a founder's pack, that's $20. I purchased one of the starter bundles for $15.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

...And now i just won a cool Million from Gus. Lucky day for me
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:19 pm ...And now i just won a cool Million from Gus. Lucky day for me
Nice! I logged in on my phone just to see the drawing, grats!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I got my 2mil from him for going to level 25 on Raid Legends! I'm starting to feel bad accepting all this silver from him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:17 pm I got my 2mil from him for going to level 25 on Raid Legends! I'm starting to feel bad accepting all this silver from him.
I'm pretty sure he gets IRL $$ for it. He gets 50% of subs, as I understand it from twitch as well.
From reddit
The games are: Raid: Shadow Legends and Vikings: War of Clans.

They were offering $100-600 if I could get 10 people to download and play the game. It seems suspect, but just wanted to see if the wisdom of Reddit could guide my path!
I completed the campaign with 41/40 joined "vikings" within 3 days, after I hit the "complete campaign button it says "Invitations to our payment portal and payment confirmation will be sent via email to *****@email.com" its been a couple days and I haven't received an email. It does say somewhere that it can take a month for a payment.
The payout did happen, I received $475 USD (-$5 for processing fee).
The worst gold package is 800 gold for $5. Gold convert to silver around 4700 last I looked. that's 3.75M silver. So 1M silver is about $2.

If he bought the 19000 gold for $99, he'd get about 89M silver, so closer to $1 per 1M silver.

I mean, you are dramatically richer than Gus is IRL, but... he's definitely getting something out of this.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I knew he got money for subs, and I figured there would be some kickback from Raid, although had no idea it would be that much. I figured it was more of a stepping stone where he can show advertisers he can 'influence' people into playing their games. The more he can do that, the more valuable he becomes to them.

But still. Watching him get his ass beat over and over last night, I really felt bad mentioning "By the way, I hit level 25, can I have my 2mil?".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:47 pm But still. Watching him get his ass beat over and over last night, I really felt bad mentioning "By the way, I hit level 25, can I have my 2mil?".
Lol. He's been a little off since the meta changed. I think, I dunno.

My guess is he makes $10 per person who hits Level 25. Maybe even more since L12 was so easy, and L25 wasn't? I could be wrong, it's hard to find good information.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

It is VERY hard to get fame for my healer build.

Most people: KILL!! KILL!! KILL!! Oh ya. The towers. Oh well. Maybe we'll win the next one. Fuckin' healer.
Last edited by Cakedaddy on Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:36 pm It is VERY hard to get fame for my healer build.
You'll have to do group things, or use books. Ooooo, you can heal my glass fire person while I kill things?
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Level 71 Priest (covers all healing staves). At 85, I get the Reawaken ability that revives knocked down allies with 30% health.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:35 pm Level 71 Priest (covers all healing staves). At 85, I get the Reawaken ability that revives knocked down allies with 30% health.
woot woot!

I need to give up on carrion caller for Crystal. The new arena is too spread out. It works well in the first fight, when they tend to be bunched, but it sucks 1v1 or in smaller clashes.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I wasn't checking your scores at the end, but you seemed to be doing well.

Also, if you ever see me capturing a point, take over for me so I can go heal. I just hate leaving a point uncapped. So many times, 2 people will run off chasing a kill and the point is left there uncapped. So I cap it, then get yelled at. . . .

Nobody wants to play healer, and they all hate the healer. . .
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:50 pm Also, if you ever see me capturing a point, take over for me so I can go heal. I just hate leaving a point uncapped. So many times, 2 people will run off chasing a kill and the point is left there uncapped. So I cap it, then get yelled at. . . .
I did, once in my head yesterday(?) say "Cake, you're the healer! Run to the fight!" and I think I took over?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:50 pm I wasn't checking your scores at the end, but you seemed to be doing well.
I did much better last season. Lots of middling results.