Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:39 pm but why the hell are they even worth 100k?
Right? That's like, 50 trees if you don't leave yellow zones.

She's pretty backed up with animals right now, so it will be a minute before she gets to it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:02 pm She's pretty backed up with animals right now, so it will be a minute before she gets to it.
No worries, she can do whatever she wants with it.
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:02 pm Right? That's like, 50 trees if you don't leave yellow zones.
The only thing I can think of is that it's the game's version of pay2win. But that's a shitload of $$. Or maybe it's people who get rich ganking in game, dunno.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Did another bandit raid tonight. Got a late start as there were gankers outside the place where green seems to start (Owlsong Glen), so I had to go around the long way and missed Owlsong completely. We pushed west to Roostcorpse Steppe, ran into another army, and the green army just disappeared. I retreated to Deadvein Gully, and harvested as much stuff as I could in about 10 minutes. Teleported back and sold the stuff for 50k.

Got 12k points for banditing + 8k bonus for our terrible status.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Did another bandit raid. We storm through the first two regions, then hit the third, and everything got difficult. I don't know where half our army went, but they were gone. Then a black army invaded us while we were trying to hit an outpost. Then, that battle took so long that the white army invaded us with a massive blob. I ran like the biggest bitch you know.

Decided to go gathering, and started picking up some nice wood. We were in Wyre Forest, right next to Carleon. Someone red found me and started chasing. I don't know what they were riding, but it looked like a baby deer, and was slower than my T3 horse. The username might have been IdiotMe, or some variant of it. Either way, I ran. Unfortunately, I ran towards the Caerleon gates, and started to get attacked by the guards. I had to avoid the middle of the territory since the white + black blobs were still there. Went next door to Longtimber Glen, got chased by another red. Then was trying to avoid that guy and 3 more reds (faction flagged) popped up, but fortunately they ignored me. Decided I had exhausted all my luck and recalled.

Got 60k of stuff and another one of those lumberjack books. Book sold for 177k after taxes. Only earned 6k of faction points (plus event bonus, but it's not over yet, so unsure) - edit - Got 13k extra points.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Thats cool, i've yet to try any of the Bandit raids. i'll be trying that out.

I have been going into the red zones just around Carleon to skin T6 i'm really close to that 20% i need to level up to T6 skinning knife. For the most part i felt really safe in the red zones. Usually only 1-2 people are flagged up and when there are larger groups i just try and stay away from them.

We really need to find a night that we go into red or black zones as a squad and get into some trouble. I think thats the next step for us to have fun in group content that's not arena.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:48 am Thats cool, i've yet to try any of the Bandit raids. i'll be trying that out.
I run a T4 heal build when I do it. That way if I die, at least I'm not losing much. I do have some tools on (axe, miner thingy), but leave the fishing rod, skinner, etc at home usually.

I've been running a T4 fire staff build. Finally decided today that was dumb for PvE, and upgraded to T7 +/- FireStaff build and did some mists. Made quite a difference. At the end of my mist found one of these
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Did another bandit run. We made it 3 territories before black + white invaded, and the group split. It was also the worst group I'd ever seen. So many floaty (T4) healers... like me :) Also a ton of people literally just standing on their mount,

Had to cut short for a meeting, so only 20k of resources, 10k of faction, plus whatever the bonus ends up being (edit - 7k)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I just got a 3rd Expert Lumberjack tome. The wood event looks like it ended last night.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Slightly funny story: Was grinding in yellow mists today, and a pvp-flagged person approached me. I always keep my ride nearby, so hopped on and rode away.

I saw 2 high-level trees pop up on the map, and went across the entire map to get to them. Kept my head on a swivel assuming pvp-er would come. Sure enough, he did. I remounted, then walked over to the other tree, where two other gatherers were working on it. I went past them, assuming pvp-er would stop at them, and sure enough, he did. He got his skills ready and attacked, knocking out one gatherer within just a few seconds. I dismounted, figuring he'd blown his wad and the other guy + I could take him. I was on a 15(or 11) second cooldown, though. Meanwhile, the other gatherer just UNLOADED on the pvp-er, and had him dead before I could even fight.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

So what you're saying is, don't dawdle too long, or you don't get to dump your load?
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

The Transport Ox has a Max Load of 784kg.

The Saddled Wild Boar has a buff that increases YOUR max load by 862kg.

The ox can carry stuff. The boar has a spell that makes you stronger.

I have been at 90% capacity and walked out of the boar's circle and continued moving at normal speed.
iwasright.jpg

You'll notice the boar does not have a "Max Load" value, but a spell that is a passive buff to your carry capacity. The boar does not have to be on screen for you to be able to carry the extra 862kg! Just needs to be equipped.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Well, the bigger problem is that by "boar" I meant "bear" :) The bear has a max load of something like 2200kg, so I dismounted, and couldn't move when I was trying to transport the weakened mist sprite.

That's kinda crazy is the boar just needs to be equipped, not deployed to work.

It looks like a boar to me with those tusks? (harness?)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Holy hell

Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

That's why i keep the warning pop-up screen enabled before going into any red or black zone.

I don't have to work tomorrow so i'll be up for some late-night gaming. Hellgates, Roads, red/black zone ganking i'm down for any and all of that tonight.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:00 am That's why i keep the warning pop-up screen enabled before going into any red or black zone.
I leave mine on so I don't do something dumb :) Never knew this was a thing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:00 am I don't have to work tomorrow so i'll be up for some late-night gaming. Hellgates, Roads, red/black zone ganking i'm down for any and all of that tonight.
I've been sick all week with some kind of stomach bug. So I've been banished to a room by myself, and looks like that will continue today. So I should be free for a while.

Never tried roads. Is it red/black or what? Cake and I tried hellgates last night, I think we were 2-4? something like that. We won twice. That's what counts.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:45 am I leave mine on so I don't do something dumb Never knew this was a thing.
Yeah, i didn't either. So this is the REAL reason i keep that enabled.

Roads are a black zone, but if you find the correct portals, they limit how many people can enter at one time so you won't usually see a zerg group in there unless you go into one of those 20 person portals.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Switched up my fire build a little. Think I've got it ironed out for hellgates + the like. Have a lower spec version for dying RZ/BZ.

Last night there was very few buy orders for T4.2 Hemp, so I placed a large low-price buy order (30 silver each). Woke up this morning, and flipped what I bought for a 50k profit. Unfortunately, normal buy orders showed up, so the jig was up.

Also reorganized my chests today, ugh.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Another bandit raid where I died. Lost 60k of gear. Went back, and got 35k of stuff to sell. Got 8k faction points plus the bonus (7k). Afterwards did some blue/yellow ZvZ. Was kinda boring, but then branched off from the big group to help 1 other guy defends a single fort from 4 whites who kept attacking. We won! Even as a shitty T4 healer. Got more than 2k faction points from that little battle alone, ended up with a nice 12k. Would have gotten more, but the Zerk army ignored a high value region they could have gotten to go fuck around in a low value one and get Zerged.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:32 pm ignored a high value region they could have gotten to go fuck around in a low value one
I hate when they do that.