Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:43 pm I was in the Mist area. T5 animals were fewer, but when I found them, they always had 5 hides. Unlike bears that always have 1, maybe 2 hides.
Yeah, overland often has 1-3.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:12 pm How many years does it take to get to T5 of all resources? Ugh. I'm at T5 trees, and T6 fish. T4 all else.
I guess I was saying equipment levels, not resource levels. My resource levels are +1 those. Got my T5 stone hammer tonight, finally. Getting closish on skinning (16%). Ore + gathering are low (10% + 4%, iirc)

-edit- Skinning to 20%! LPed it up to T5 knife. Just ore + gathering now, ugh. No idea if I'll ever get to the next level on anything.
-edit- Ore to 13; Gathering to 7%. Grind grind.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Patch notes from yesterday's update:

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.ph ... ost1283747

I'm interested to see how the dual swords knockup being taken out will feel. :cry:

Looks like they've changed the scoring a little bit in Crystal Arena, and all runestones reset after each 150 second round.

Big quarterstaff changes, might have to check that out.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Mage Cowl doesn't have the poison ability anymore, now it's an AOE firebreath. Interesting change.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Some people seemed very upset about the changes. I have no idea what they mean :)
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:05 pm Some people seemed very upset about the changes
What changes? the dual swords change? I guess dual swords were trash tier before they buffed the hell out of them and i think this is an adjustment to that.

As a dual sword user it will feel much weaker but there's lots of other weapons to play. I think one of my favorite things to do in the game is to try out and level up new gear.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:11 pm I think one of my favorite things to do in the game is to try out and level up new gear.
I need to expand my gear knowledge. Right now I know the carrioncaller build, and the battle-axe lifesteal build.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Improved matchmaking in duo Mists

I'm not sure i've ever seen a duo Mists entrance..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:27 pm Improved matchmaking in duo Mists

I'm not sure i've ever seen a duo Mists entrance..
Brecilien is the only place I know of that you can select it. But maybe from red/blacks?
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

BTW. Yes you can get another player island in Brecilian, I purchased one yesterday. Earlier in the thread i said how bad i was a keeping up to date with my island. But i figured on the days that i work and don't have much time to play that i should at least keep up with my farms for some passive income. So that's the plan right now, we'll see how well i keep up with it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

My cabbage makes about 130k per day. 4 plots, I can water 3 of them. Will do better when I can water everything, and sell the seeds.

I'm up to $2.25M in silver, plus 230k faction points (about 2.75M silver), 400 gold, some 700k thing in caerleon. I can T6 gather everything except fiber. (I reached 21% proficiency, but am out of learning points).

so ready to hit some red territory.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Bail (streamer) sent me a party invite and said they were going to try red zone ganking. I've been wanting to try that, so I joined up. Started out pretty well, and we killed 3 or 4 blues. Then a chest spawned and we went over there. That was a mistake because there ended up being a shit ton of blue people, and they ganked us. First thing I noticed was I had no idea who was who. When I'm not flagged, PvPers show up red. When you are flagged, everyone is blue. It was a cluster. I think one person got out alive. Then we started yellow zone ganking for practice. Were doing ok. But we were horrible gankers. We didn't have much CC, no closing/speed, etc. What works in arena, doesn't work in the field. Then. . . . The ultimate troll showed up. I have no idea who he was, where he came from, but he was in their discord. I think Bail shared discord to 1 too many people. The dude was brand new to the game, and would. not. stop. asking. questions. Non fucking stop. What are solo dungeons? What are corrupted dungeons? There's a bag on the ground with an adept rune in it. Is that any good? Should he bring a mount? How much is a horse? Oh, I only have 7032 silver. Where are you guys? How do you get there? I'm in the corrupted dungeon and got 6 bags that are worth 1000 silver each. Is that good? Just on and on and on. They were very accommodating at first. But Bail was trying to do some ganking content for his stream, and was just drowned out by this guy's endless questions. Finally Bail started losing his patience. He said "We are going to try something, and we can all just keep talking and not do it, or we can stop talking, and do it". The dudes like "Ok, we'll stop talking. Let's do it.". Bail says "Ok, lets meet up in the center of the map". "You mean back in the city?" The guy asks. "Why are we meeting in the center of the map? Does no one go to the center? Why not?" Bail gave up. Ended the stream.

Wife thinks the guy was purposely trolling. I don't know. At one point, the guy was like "Let's go back and get different gear so we can gank better" (there was someone with experience TRYING to explain good gank builds and whatnot." Bail asks "Do you even have enough money for new gear?" The guy answers "I don't know. Let's go back to the city and find out".

One situation:
Bail: He's wearing 8.4 gear, we can't beat him.
Guy: Let's get 9.4 gear.
Bail: 8.4 is the highest
Guy: Then lets get 8.5 gear.
Bail: 8.4 is the highest
Guy: Then how do you beat that guy?

It's was fucking ridiculous. Ruined what could have been a fun time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Bleck.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:48 pm I put both my baby animals in the community chests for whoever wants to grow them
They have both been raised and saddled. They are back in the chest.

Stranger and I had a VERY good night of non-lethal PvP playing hell gates. We were on long win streaks at the beginning of the night. 5:1, then we'd bank because when we'd fall with all that loot, it would get damaged too. Went back out, won some more 4:1. Bank and sell. Won some more. I don't remember our actual record. But I'd guess 12:4ish? Then our luck turned, and we kept getting DPS/Healer teams, which turns out, is our counter. We couldn't touch them. Until the end of the night. We faced a healer/DPS team. I was the first to fall, but their DPS was really hurt, and was separated from the healer. Stranger took him down and went after the healer. Got him pretty low, but the healer just kept running. Eventually, he made it back to his partner, cast an ability, and his partner stood up with full fucking health. Had no idea people could revive a downed player. In all the streams I've watched of people doing hell gates, I've never seen this. And they ALL run healer/DPS combos. Was a real disappointment because Stranger can easily take out a healer since they can only heal. So that sucked. Ended the night with a big fight over a surface chest. We had won two of those, and lost one. The last one, we didn't bother killing the other person there because we started open the chest first. This gives us a head start on looting the good stuff. However, as soon as he got it opened, it was instantly empty. So, he has a loot script. Yay. First instance of cheating I've seen in the game (unless the healer thing was also). Good to know. Next time, they just die. (get knocked down)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:40 am Next time, they just die
Always :)

Sounds like a good night!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:40 am They have both been raised and saddled. They are back in the chest.
Thanks! I've put a new Swiftclaw club in to the same chest. Feel free to keep/sell.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Went with one of those bandit assault groups today in red zones. It was a lot like zerging in yellow, except people were much more wary about combat. I saw a lot of running.

At one point, I thought I was going to get ganked, but I think the person looked at my equipment and decided it wasn't worth it. I was wearing about 15k in gear.

I got credit for 3 kills, which feels generous. But, I didn't group up at all, just played by myself since I was wearing shit gear.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:03 am
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:40 am They have both been raised and saddled. They are back in the chest.
Thanks! I've put a new Swiftclaw club in to the same chest. Feel free to keep/sell.
Where are you getting the baby animals from?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:17 pm Where are you getting the baby animals from?
Good Question. I think all 3 have been loot in mists?
Swiftclaw Cub is a rare drop from tier 5 or higher Cougars all over the world or from the Market Place. Before the Call to Arms update they were drops from Keepers of Albion bosses and chests, but that is no longer the case.
https://wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Swiftclaw_Cub
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ahh. The cougars. Interesting. I skip those because of the low tier resource. I won't any more!