Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:43 pm I'm mildly intrigued, might check it out. Does anyone have a referral code?
I can get you one this evening. Although it doesn't really do anything for me unless you buy at least one 30 day subscription. Other than that, the game is free.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:00 pm I can get you one this evening. Although it doesn't really do anything for me unless you buy at least one 30 day subscription. Other than that, the game is free.
Ah, I saw something about a free animal or something. Apparently it's just a skin.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:14 pm Ah, I saw something about a free animal or something. Apparently it's just a skin.
Well maybe there is some sort of a mount skin you can get if you use a referral code. I'm not even sure what i would get to be honest.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Here's one from my wife. She REALLY wants that skin!

https://albiononline.com/ref/X7KGL1ERH2
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:31 pm Here's one from my wife. She REALLY wants that skin!

https://albiononline.com/ref/X7KGL1ERH2
OK, I used this code, so hopefully it worked.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Played a little. Then my laptop freaked the fuck out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Got past the basic tutorial. Level II stuff.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

My group is in Highland. Stranger is probably in a more 'major' city. Highland is pretty basic in what it has to offer, but is surrounded by newb level lands.

I wish I read about builds earlier. I have been wearing the wrong gear and just had to start over with some.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Made a HUGE in game discovery just now.

Shift click moves something into your bank (or out into your inventory).
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:31 pm Played a little. Then my laptop freaked the fuck out.
Didn't you just buy a new gaming laptop?
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:53 am My group is in Highland. Stranger is probably in a more 'major' city. Highland is pretty basic in what it has to offer, but is surrounded by newb level lands.
Actually i'm in Thetford right now, the swap lands.

There are 5 biomes that have a major city associated with it.
Forest- Lymhurst
Highland- Martlock
Mountain- Fort Sterling
Steppe- Bridgewatch
Swamp- Thetford

Carleon is the central "capitol" city to all of those, its surrounded by all red zones to be able to get there though. But you are safe from getting ganked once in the city.

The whole northern continent is all full loot PvP black zones.

They are all the basic beginner zones and thats pretty much where i've always played since i'm always solo. I've been to Carleon and ventured very little into the northern continent. I started in Bridgewatch and have most of my mats in that city, but have been in Thetford since i last played. Martlock is the city right between them, i've probably got mats in that city too, i'll have to check it out.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:53 am I wish I read about builds earlier. I have been wearing the wrong gear and just had to start over with some.
There's really no wrong gear. In fact you're going to want to get pretty much all your armors (plate, leather, and cloth) & (helm, chest, feet) to Tier 4 at minimum. You're going to find that some builds are better for PvE dungeons and others are better for PvP. My sword PvE build has plate feet, leather chest and cloth helm but it doesn't do so well in PvP. I like using a mace for PvP with all the slows and stuns and then any equipment that has movement abilities.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:57 am Didn't you just buy a new gaming laptop?
Well, work bought it, but yes. 11 months old. And a fan + the screen/power rail failed last night. But only temporarily.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:16 am Well, work bought it, but yes. 11 months old. And a fan + the screen/power rail failed last night. But only temporarily.
Geesh.. thats not good. Is it getting hot? If the fan went out it may be going into thermal shutdown.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:37 am Geesh.. thats not good. Is it getting hot? If the fan went out it may be going into thermal shutdown.
It got pretty hot. But the fan was behaving at the time. It's been making intermittent death rattles.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Ill be on tonight if you guys wanna venture out into the world, do some low level dungeons and what not. Maybe even venture into the Red zones and try to get to Carleon?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:29 am It got pretty hot. But the fan was behaving at the time. It's been making intermittent death rattles.
Dell's going to replace the fan + motherboard next week.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:48 pm Dell's going to replace the fan + motherboard next week.
probably a good thing that it failed now at 11 months and not next month when the warranty is up.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:31 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:48 pm Dell's going to replace the fan + motherboard next week.
probably a good thing that it failed now at 11 months and not next month when the warranty is up.
I have a 3 year warranty, so it's all good. I tend to be hard on my laptops since I used them so much.

I got level 2 gear today. Still working through the level 3 starter quests (find ore, etc). I tried a level 3 solo dungeon, and nearly died on the first fight.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Catt, what's your ingame name?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

BillTheCatt