Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Fac.jpg

Some of us have lives and responsibilities!! And I just did a ton of arenas trying to level up my healing instead of factions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Lol, someone reported me (or claims they did) for playing healer in CA. :D
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Delta wifi is just good enough to water my cabbage on the plane.

Bandit raid started, I was not brave enough to try that on my phone
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:39 am Lol, someone reported me (or claims they did) for playing healer in CA. :D
I've heard that a few times. Normally from the guy who does the least amount of damage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:22 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:39 am Lol, someone reported me (or claims they did) for playing healer in CA. :D
I've heard that a few times. Normally from the guy who does the least amount of damage.
I didn't even check. I give zero shits. Stranger and I did have a few people who were worthless, or nearly so. One guy basically quit, but we still won!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:39 pm Also, dropped a fawn in the shared chest.
It was turned into a saddled giant stag and put in the chest.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just did my first bandit raid. No idea how many points I got. Was in 7-10 zones though. Was so fast. Often, I'd get to the fort as they were finishing up and heading to the next. Ended up dying when we were fighting red/rival faction. Out of the 50 people in the screen, some dude hit me with some beam weapon that just deleted me. Had about 15k worth of flat 4 gear on.

How do you know how many points/bonus you get for this? Do you just note what you have before heading out?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:48 pm How do you know how many points/bonus you get for this? Do you just note what you have before heading out?
There's 2 parts to points: 1) capture / fighting / defense points and 2) bonus points.

#1 - You have to track yourself. #2 - It tells you at the very end of the 1 hour countdown. I've gotten as low as 4-5k on the latter. The morning did a run that I think was only a total of 13k.

I just try to remember what my # was before it all started. It doesn't really matter much, but I wanted to see how efficient it was, and how efficient it was net of dying (I've died about 1/3rd of the time)
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I happened to catch the message about the bonus at the end. Was doing other things and just happened to look at Albion at that moment. I got 10k points. We were a couple of zones in when I noted I had 30k faction points. Ended the event with 37k (47k with bonus). I don't think I got many points in the beginning because I was playing catch up with the group.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Tonight's points have been a little absurd. Some group in Orange called the Egyption Bands [sic] kept attacking us fort to fort, and they were bloody terrible. So fucking bad, just wow. Got more than 8k faction defense points from those idiots alone. (edit) 2.6k more just rolled in. (2nd edit) 1,400 more. Healers rule!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Did corrupted tonight. Obviously yellow zone. I also opted for the lower invade odds so I can get used to the dungeon and maybe score some easier loot. Going through, I killed a lower boss and got to open the chest. Came across a chest in the middle that said I had to beat the boss to open it. It was the main chest for the dungeon. I was able to clear to 100 points and then fought the boss. He was REALLY hard as a melee character (playing bloodletter), but managed it. Looted it and it gave me the option to surface or go to next dungeon. I selected next dungeon. As I was leaving, I caught a sentence about clearing the rest of the dungeon and it occurred to me there could have been more chests. I did pretty much the same in the second and fought the boss. This one was way harder, or I just got lucky on the first one. But he knocked me down 3 times, and I ran to reset probably 4 other times. I eventually got him. Then proceeded to clear the dungeon. Found a total of 4 minor, and the 1 main chest. Between the two, I had about 250k. Took about as long as a solo dungeon would take. I need to go with much better gear. Current kit costs 1.5m, but I think I need the extra IP, even though it's going to be nerfed. Repairs were 70k, but that included all the loot that was damage in my falls.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Supposedly corrupted dungeon loot gets better as you get more corrupted dungeon points, but I have no idea how true that is. I've only done a few, and it was a while ago when I was much worse.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Yesterday I did 3 faction raids: bandits in the morning, normal after work, then a final bandit. I got 56k total faction points, and I think the biggest chunk was the normal faction raid. It was just a simple push into Orange, but those Egyption [sic] Bands idiots got me soo many extra points by dying repeatedly. It was the funniest/saddest thing. We'd take a fort, they'd attack. We'd kill them, then they'd revive at the next fort, regroup, and die all over again. Like 10 times.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Upcoming development items: Here

Rites of Spring (no details, but similar to last year's if you can find details)
Mists adjustments - Dungeons in the mists (upcoming dev talk)
Roads adjustments
"Fixing the stone market" - Stock up on stone? [I placed 2 large buy orders for 4.1 and 4.3 stone, why not?]
"Improved role for the player islands in player economy"

Potential new things:
Legendary Items - Items that get better through use, with unique traits.
Something about castles - which doesn't matter to us atm.

Also, the cabbage market crashed in Lymhurst overnight. I bought 2000 units at 324 average price. Sure hope I find a place to sell them for a good price!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Travertine markets have exploded, relatively speaking. Prices have doubled.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:26 am Upcoming development items: Here
Since you and I both like to read articles rather than watch videos.

https://albiononline.com/news/devtalk-2023-development
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stone markets have continued to explode. I bought thousands of travertine, but then prices ran so high. Buy the rumour, sell the news!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

We'll see how this turns out, but I'm temporarily the cabbage king of Lymhurst
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Holy fucking shit. I bought 33 4.1 travertine for about 150 silver, sold them for 2,471. I bought 266 4.0 travertine for 1,330 silver, sold them for 20,173. I bought 85 pieces of 4.3 travertine for about 3k of silver. They just sold for 243,984 silver (net of fees)!

Not bad for doing it while riding in cabs today.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Made another 150k. The bid ask spreads are massive. Who's buying 4.3 for 3.2k each??