Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:11 pm I'm scared to leave yellow
Just keep a watch of how many people are flagged up in the zone, usually its only a few. When you see that go to like 13 or more then its probably a faction running to the base camps. Just stay away from those if thats the case. They don't care about straglers hanging around, they are just running from camp to camp.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:13 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:11 pm I chose the town that Cake told me to move to.
What town is that? Martlock? i dont mind changing factions.
yes, martlock. I'm going to pronounce it like Matlock though
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Just faming away in red zone collecting skins and someone non-PvP flagged walks up to me and opens trade window. Gives me 200K silver and says "that gear isn't good for gathering/faming on mobs" then walks away. 8)

Good timing seeing that i just posted about needed to recoup some cash!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:35 pm Gives me 200K silver and says "that gear isn't good for gathering/faming on mobs" then walks away.
Lol.

I finally had a mist that I could finish the subquest, and I got PKed 85% of the way done. I thought the mist was instanced/solo :)
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:44 pm I thought the mist was instanced/solo
You can only go into it as a solo player. Cake and i couldnt go in together when we were grouped. So anyone else you see will only be a solo player too.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Just now i had some guy offer to buy my wolf mount for 300K.. I said no
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:30 pm Just now i had some guy offer to buy my wolf mount for 300K.. I said no
How did you get your wolf mount?
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:57 pm How did you get your wolf mount?
i believe it was from the monthly premium reward sometime ago.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Wife got the Winter Stag skin (So I had to buy her an 80k stag :roll: ), and 20 10k skill books. Didn't notice if she got gold. I'll check next time she's on.

I think the 20 books were the "First referral" bonus, and the Stag was the current bonus for referring. The stag skin was tradable after some date. Didn't note the date because it didn't matter. She was keeping it! But, they are tradable.

Did you go premium for the skill/loot boost, or you getting an island/house?
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've been watching twitch streams for the drops. They give you what amounts to clothes you can wear. So far, I've gotten a fancy woman's dress, some blue princess shoes, a wedding veil, and an innkeeper's hat. This game is very woke and trying to get me to transition I think.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:18 pm Did you go premium for the skill/loot boost, or you getting an island/house?
I figured I won't have a ton of time to play, so for the boost, mostly.

I started reading on islands, and feel like I have a lot more learning to do before I dive into island.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:04 am This game is very woke and trying to get me to
transition
acknowledge who I really am, I think.
ftfy
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:42 pm I'm making about 100k per hour fishing in tier 5 zones.
I tried fishing, then got a lot of "tool tier too low" messages since I was using a T3 pole. But then had to keep fishing to get to the point where I could use a T4. Looks like a lot of work to max out fishing.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

It's going to be a lot of work maxing out anything in this game! I hit level 10 fishing and switched to T5 pole and am wearing T5 fishing clothes. I was also using the Seaweed salad. I made 65k in 30 minutes. I would say less than 5 hours to get level 10 fishing.

I don't only fish the little spawn points either. I'll fish a spot until I bring up rough logs or stone. Then I move on. So less running around and more fishing. Also, if nothing bites after about 20-30 seconds, I move on as well.

I can fish while watching videos/streaming. I can fish on mobile as well. It's a low risk, low attention activity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Went to a mist tonight and just fished. In like 7 minutes I gained 2 levels (using learning points), and found 5 fishing spots. Whereas the yellow I had been in was just normal fishing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

T4 fishing gear, got levels 9 + 10 proficiency and made about 50k in 20 minutes of fishing in mists.

Also, fishing gear repair is super cheap
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Watched a YouTube video yesterday where the guy was saying the mist is one of the best solo activities for fame farming and gathering.

When i played last just over a year ago it was all about running solo dungeons. Now i guess killing open world mobs is better than running solo dungeons. When Cake and i were running dungeons i mentioned that i thought the chests seemed a little light on loot.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I felt like the dungeons you + I did had more loot than I get in the mist. But the mist has good resources + fame. Especially fishing :)
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Yeah the dungeon loot is better because of the chests, but the chests seem to only contain runes, sigils, etc.. Stuff to upgrade your gear, but hardly ever contain actual weapons and armor anymore and a lot less of it.

But if you're looking for fame and mats, then the mists are the way to go.

This is a really good explanation of whats going on in the mists:
https://forum.albiononline.com/index.ph ... Brecillen/

Probably the most fun i've had playing the game has been the 2v2 Hellgates (or the devil's butthole) Cake and i did the other night. Too bad they don't have 3v3 that would be fun. There are 5v5 and 10v10 though.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

OK, so stupid question, but what's the point of Brecillen ? Like is the city special somehow?
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

I'm not really sure. Just another place to store your goods??? I know each city has its own local production bonuses (like +15% for bags). So if you make bags its better to go there and craft them. Also more player owned property is available. I'm sure non of us will ever own a property as its all controlled by big guilds and the prices are into the hundres of millions. But other than that, i don't believe there's anything special about it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!