Epic Store

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Going to try and beat Steam.

They will give away two free games per month throughout 2019. I guess they're hoping that library will keep you around.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

In for free games, I guess.

Do they come with Steam keys?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: In for free games, I guess.

Do they come with Steam keys?
I laughed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Relevant:
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Saw an indy developer point out on the Twitters that Epic's store is "No DRM" and has a "14 day no questions asked return policy".

Uh...That's hot garbage.

Hey small devs, get on Epic and make more money per game, but sell fewer games and see most of them returned.

Someone else pointed out that the 30% Valve takes is a paltry sum compared to what box stores take. Box stores take 50% or more, plus the publisher has to pay for the packing and shipping. Valve drastically reduced that number, and just reduced the 30% last week.

I'm thinking they should drop it farther, to say 15% and they would kill all competition aside from Origin. Because EA is stupid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Well, ostensibly more store competition means better prices + services, so bring em on.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm about competition as it helps us. However, I don't see this knocking Steam off the top of the mountain.

Also, fuck launchers/libraries for every developer.
Cakedaddy

Epic Store

Post by Cakedaddy »

Have you seen a Steam Sale? How much cheaper do you need these damn things?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm about competition as it helps us. However, I don't see this knocking Steam off the top of the mountain.

Also, fuck launchers/libraries for every developer.
Agree and agree.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Subnautica and Super Meat Boy are going to be free for a limited time, starting later in December
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

That's $40 according to Steam, but definitely not top tier games. Also, Super Meat Boy has been out for a long time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Looking at the language the free games are going to come in two week time frames. No word on if that's just to DL and play during that time, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be setup that way. Remember, their return policy is also 14 days, which seems to imply they think 2 weeks is a good time frame for people to "test" a game.

Point being, I'm betting the free games aren't permanent to keep.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: No word on if that's just to DL and play during that time, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be setup that way. Remember, their return policy is also 14 days, which seems to imply they think 2 weeks is a good time frame for people to "test" a game.
I'm betting it's free to keep forever.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

We shall see. I'm thinking they're matching, maybe even testing, their 14 day return policy. (Something that should be a deal breaker for indy devs.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

I signed up to get the free game(s).

The app will not run on my PC though, so I cannot play them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Want support for your games you got via the Epic Store?

You'll need to go to Steam's forums.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Super Meat Boy went free today.

I still have Subnautica in my library, so I guess I got to keep it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Got it, they also patched the installer so it works for me now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

What Remains of Edith Finch is the next free game and goes free on Jan 10th.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Epic Games gets an F from the BBB.

As if we didn't hate having more launchers already...
Epic and Ubisoft reach exclusivity deal.

This is just a shitty, shitty bit of news.