Epic Store

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:11 pm Bah, who gives a fuck. It's the epic store. Waste of time to log in.
PREACH!!

Still, I'll go there and download them and then never play them just to cost Epic some extra cash.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Look around society. It's not just PC Gaming. People cannot wait to bend over and take it from their corporate overlords.

I've been playing Firestone, an idle F2P RPG, for a year or so. It's appeal is the grind, which some of you understand, some of you don't. They have a new feature about fighting war machines. To upgrade your war machine, you have to spend a certain currency. The ability to earn these are the only currency really limited in the game. You earn them for doing timed missions that cannot be skipped, ended early, etc. However, you can also buy them. The price scale for said money is $10 - 10K, $20 - 22K, $50 - 60K, $100 - 130K. It takes 500 of these tokens to click a button that levels up a war machine. Every level your machine goes up, it takes even more clicks of that button to level that machine up. You are allowed 5 machines in your fighting unit, but I think you can actually have more in your account? My unit is typically fighting in the 1200-1500 rankings. My machine's levels are 11, 35, 35, 44, and 46. That's F2P. I've never spent a dime. I routinely face enemies with machines in the 60-100 lvl range. Again, we're all in the low to mid thousands in ranking. Point being, people are spending mad money to level up their machines. For what? Online glory that means absolutely nothing.

Hell, Zynga just sold for $11B today and that company's entire existence is based on people throwing money away for glory in games that won't exist in 1-2 years.

People suck.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

I joked about rushing NdGT yesterday, but I’m in line for a luncheon with someone from Epic today…

I’m really just here for the free lunch and because Alienware is also presenting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Alixxa is a presenter. A pro gamer of some sort. Probably Fortnite.
Stranger

Epic Store

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:46 pm I’m really just here for the free lunch and because Alienware is also presenting.
Alienware, complete ripoff! Funny you brought them up because i happened to watch this video just two days ago.

Last edited by Stranger on Wed May 04, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Met with an engineer yesterday who said he just got done watching a video bashing Alienware. Wonder if it’s the same one.
Stranger

Epic Store

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:21 pm Met with an engineer yesterday who said he just got done watching a video bashing Alienware. Wonder if it’s the same one.
I'll bet it is, Gamer's Nexus youtube channel is very big. I'd love to see what Alienware had to say about this. They can't possibly backup any claims that this is worth that kind of money. Just watch the first 5-10 mins of the video it summarizes it all. I mean all the parts they put in are top of the line hardware, but they fucked themselves on cooling. I remember not long ago i posted about how important cooling is to any electronic and he says it in the first 30 seconds of this video.

Also Leisher, doesn't this guy remind you of Greg Dillabaugh? He looks just like him.. RIP..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Epic Store

Post by Stranger »

Not sure why the video link is starting half way through.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Team: What if we could totally re-imagine a gaming PC!

Manager: DO IT!

(time passes)

Team: Well, we're halfway through, good job, let's keep going.

Manager: Budget's out, shippit.
Stranger

Epic Store

Post by Stranger »

Manager: also, let's put all proprietary parts into this thing so that if something goes wrong, they can only replace it by purchasing another $5,000 machine.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Epic Store

Post by Stranger »

i shit you not, i see this same exact thing in industrial electronics.

A company puts together a system with poor thermal designs in it, the unit eventually cooks itself and goes bad. They put all proprietary components in the thing so nobody can fix it and makes the customer have to go back to them to get their machine back up and running.

But low and behold they say. "Sorry, we don't support that system anymore, but we do have this brand-new system you can purchase for twice as much as your last one was."

Complete horseshit. It's predatory practice and it's no different with consumer electronics now.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:32 pm Not sure why the video link is starting half way through.
Did you watch it halfway? It's a new feature where it tracks where you left off.
Stranger

Epic Store

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:06 pm
Stranger wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:32 pm Not sure why the video link is starting half way through.
Did you watch it halfway? It's a new feature where it tracks where you left off.
i think thats about where i left off watching it the other day. Didn't know thats how Youtube works now. hmm
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

In financial trouble and have been laying people off.

I have heard they will continue the free games through 2023, but 2024 is uncertain. Also, one would suspect this will kill their ability to pay for exclusivity when games release.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

Epic vs Google starts today.

Same shit as Epic vs Apple, which Apple won.