Epic Store

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Stranger wrote: Dayyuuumm.. Into the Breach is supposed to be a pretty good game. I might have to cave and download the client now.

Don't judge me
I won't judge. I've been collecting the games each day/week, since you can do that on the website. But now there are games I want to play, and I bought one.
This is exactly how the Nazis gained power.
If they lose money on these transactions, aren't we sticking it to the Nazis?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

You said you bought one.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You said you bought one.
But with a big discount, surely it was selling at a loss?
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
All I know is Hitler didn't put the Jews on the trains himself.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Sorry, too busy playing video games.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Sorry, too busy playing video games.
I'm not saying you're openly trying to start a new Nazi party, but that's obviously what you're doing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm not saying you're openly trying to start a new Nazi party, but that's obviously what you're doing.
Well, I mean... the price is right.
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I'm not saying you're openly trying to start a new Nazi party, but that's obviously what you're doing.
Well, I mean... the price is right.
Is it though? Joking aside, the EGS has now ushered us into a new age of exclusive titles. They started it, admittedly after EA and Ubisoft failed, and now Microsoft is picking up the ball and running with it.

Reminder: Tim Sweeney even wrote a massive oped about how Microsoft was the devil for trying to force exclusives on the industry. Amazing how different his tune is when he's the one profiting from those exclusives.

To me, the price is too high because you're not saving a buck. You're using the full amount you pay to vote that you don't want competition about software distributors. You want the companies to have all the power and not the consumers.

When Epic ends exclusives, as they previously promised and have since recanted, I'll consider shopping there. Until that time, they're trying to fuck consumers over, and people who buy from them might as well join scientology. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: To me, the price is too high because you're not saving a buck. You're using the full amount you pay to vote that you don't want competition about software distributors. You want the companies to have all the power and not the consumers.
It was $7.50! So my video game principles are worth about $13.
Cakedaddy

Epic Store

Post by Cakedaddy »

And this is why they win. People just keep giving them money saying "Well my money isn't making a difference". There are SO MANY good games out there that need to be played. Supporting Nazis isn't required to be able to play good video games. I don't buy ANY EA games. And they make some damn good ones. I still have really good games I haven't had the time to play. I have no shortage of games to play, even though I don't buy EA games.

You don't have to do this.

And seriously. You just got offered 500k for a job. You don't need to save $7.
GORDON
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by GORDON »

"Yeah the nazis are killing jews, but they've gotten so efficient at it that it only costs like $7.50 to kill each jew. The price is right!"

Did I do that right?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: You just got offered 500k for a job
1) Potentially $500k, since most is variable comp. 2) I'm not taking it. 3) I saved $13, not $7!
GORDON wrote: "Yeah the nazis are killing jews, but they've gotten so efficient at it that it only costs like $7.50 to kill each jew. The price is right!"

Did I do that right?
Yes.

It's interesting though. I know a handful of people who work at Epic, since they are based here. And that dude has bought a ton of land for parks/etc in NC. So at least he's a "Good for NC" Nazi.
Cakedaddy

Epic Store

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ok, so that leaves you at your 250k? 150K? If you are anything over 100k, you don't have to destroy the gaming industry for everyone else to save $13.

Supporting Nazis while saving $13. Is this irony?

So he's kicking out the Jews and putting in parks.

You all realize that if this thread ever goes public, we can never be president.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: You all realize that if this thread ever goes public, we can never be president.
I'm pretty sure I pretty long list of reasons I cannot be President, although Trump may have changed the math here.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: you don't have to destroy the gaming industry for everyone else to save $13.

Supporting Nazis while saving $13. Is this irony?
You're talking to someone who clicks through the Steam queues to make $0.10 a day
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: So at least he's a "Good for NC" Nazi.
A lot of people justified their support for Hitler and Mussolini in this manner. (Truthfully, I do dig this aspect of Sweeney, but he's still doing so at gamers' expense, so fuck him.)
TheCatt wrote: although Trump may have changed the math here.
Understatement.
TheCatt wrote: You're talking to someone who clicks through the Steam queues to make $0.10 a day
I don't even do it for the dime! I do it for the glory of my Steam user level!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I do it for the glory of my Steam user level!
Well, I do make the 1 set of cards first, then I sell the rest.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

GTA V is the game of the week, but I couldn't get the site to load (403 forbidden error)
Leisher
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by Leisher »

I continue grabbing games every week, never playing them, refusing to sign up for the marketing, and never buy a thing. Fuck Epic and Tim Sweeney.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Epic Store

Post by TheCatt »

Civ 6 for free this week.