Dying Light

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:39 am I have no idea. I only know that both Stranger and I had 35k +/-5k and you said you had way more.
You said reading isn't an issue for you, but...
Leisher wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:57 am per the difficulty level of your game. 12000 for Normal, 30000 for Hard, 120000 for Nightmare.
We're playing hard difficulty, so that's 30K per req pack turned in. I know you went back with at least two, but based on all of the drops we grabbed and Rais' goons that had them, I'm guessing you had about a dozen.

Thus, it was literally impossible for you to have only received 35K. You received 350K +/-5K.
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:39 am But the most compelling evidence of a discrepancy is the lead you have in levels over us. You have 2 legendary points already, we have 0.
Are you reading at all? I'm behind you guys in Agility and we're all about even in Survivor points. I simply got Power leveled up faster. I had no plan, I was just constantly killing things.

I do wonder if there's additional Power points if you get the killing blow? I'm guessing the bow wasn't doing you any favors, but I genuinely don't know. Maybe try using elemental arrows?

The Legend points only unlocked for me because I hit lvl 24 in Power. It will do the same for you if you hit lvl 24 in anything. I'm pretty sure that all XP goes into Legend points. So the 462K I got for those req packs went into Survivor and Legend.
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:39 am I didn't buy anything at first either. Not even ammo. But you had more money than us.
Leisher wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:51 pm I never go back without a full inventory of things to sell.
Just like in every other game I play I pick up everything to sell. Everything. I've picked up the stupid pipe that does 10-30 damage the one zombie in overalls drops and sold that more than once. Do you know how often we'd leave fights and I'd notice you guys left tons of shit behind? I'd always just assume your inventories were full like mine.

(Side note: Nobody would ever want to watch me play Fallout because I will COMPLETELY empty every location of every item from weapons to armor to Nuka Cola to pencils, etc. and sell it all. I return multiple times until that happens. I'm never broke when gaming if such a mechanic exists.)

I also search every possible container including all the garbage cans. Remember the bus station? There were easily 100 containers there to search between the luggage, garbage cans, pay phones, on the buses, picking the locks of all the ambulances and police vehicles, etc.

That's it. There's no other secret, other than being anal about selling everything and dropping lesser value items for higher value ones.

I've also won more challenges, but I don't think those pay money?

I also have one other theory, which I think is probably 100% true:
The first person to loot gets the best and there's diminishing returns afterwards. Not all the time, but a lot of the time. Sometimes we all get the same thing. Sometimes you'll loot something and say you got a King, while Stranger and I will loot after you and get lesser mods. Or the first person gets $300 and the reward drops for the others.

This would explain why I was getting so many mods after that nighttime fight on the roof of the office. I was simply getting lucky and looting the correct corpses before you. (I think they must get dropped by those really dark volatiles with the bony protrusions?)

This does make sense because everything is a competition in the game. There's a metric shit ton of things we can race to, fight for, etc. so lower loot values based on who gets there first makes sense.

I only ever played the game solo, so I have no idea if this is true, but it seems like it might be?
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:39 am Not really.
No really.
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:39 am There's a discrepancy and/or you are doing things we aren't. Just talking about what they might be.
We can very easily get you guys even with me in Power and Legend and me equal with you in Agility. Next session we just need to find a good spot where we have a safe zone to fall back to and a good spot that prevents attacks from every direction. Wait for nighttime and farm. I can just stand back and revive and heal when needed or go zipping around the city to gain Agility.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:26 am Thus, it was literally impossible for you to have only received 35K. You received 350K +/-5K.
I really think this specific instance Cake and I are talking about wasn't a req pack hand in. I was standing on top of a bus and not in a safe zone handing in packs. So its really hard to tell what really was going on when that XP was given. Maybe Leisher was handing in a req pack and Cake and i were doing something else?? who knows.

As far as having more money than me, i can totally understand why you both had more than me. I pick up as much as i can but i'm not about to scour every nook and cranny for a few more cig packs, its just not my style and besides money hasn't even been an issue thus far. I would always buy out every component that was for sale, i've done that from the very beginning and have bought a few weapons along the way. I'd also hold onto weapons and not sell them all because they were all pretty close to each other in dmg. Only recently have i been selling out my pack.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:26 am We can very easily get you guys even with me in Power and Legend and me equal with you in Agility.
I'm not really interested in doing that at all. First off, it really doesn't bother me you're a higher level and second that would be boring as fuck. You know me, i don't care about story, i just want action and to get through the content and not dick around too much. Plus we haven't had many problems getting past anything up to this point.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:31 pm I really think this specific instance Cake and I are talking about wasn't a req pack hand in.
We're talking about when we all went to the university to hand in the packs to Spike, and I said, "Who is this guy?" because it implied we should have known him. We all were there and turned them in at the same time.

There was no other time when I got some massive amount of XP like that.
Stranger wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:31 pm You know me, i don't care about story, i just want action and to get through the content and not dick around too much.
Well, you do understand it would just be action and nothing but, yes? You know when we were on top of the office building fighting at night? Or outside that other safe house at night and Cake was across the street?

In fact, we should just head back to that office, sleep until night, and then farm XP and mods.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

Just checked the Twitch stream stats and we had two unique viewers during the last session.

At this rate, we're going to have millions of viewers in about 2221!
Cakedaddy

Dying Light

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm more of a half full kind of guy. We've doubled our viewership. At THAT rate, we will hit 1million in about 20 weeks!
Cakedaddy

Dying Light

Post by Cakedaddy »

Stranger wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:31 pm it really doesn't bother me you're a higher level
Right? But with how defensive he's been, I have to wonder if he really is cheating!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

Stranger and I are both out tonight. However, we both are probably available Saturday night.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

I'm back in town and will be on around 9-10 tonight.
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

I’m down too. Wife just told me she invited some people over this evening.. a little upset about this cause I wasn’t planning on doing that. Hoping they won’t be here long, I’ll keep u updated.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

FYI: As of right now my Friday is questionable. It's the last day of the semester and I have a paper (not started), a journal (mostly done), and three negotiations to complete (talking done - write ups to finish). I have until 11:59 p.m. EST to complete it all.

I am shooting to try and be done, but we'll see.

I will definitely be available Saturday night though if Friday is out.
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

Tonight is going to be better for me. Going to friends house Saturday night so i'll be out tomorrow.

I'll be on my PC so if you get on just hit me up.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

More than likely tonight is not going to happen, but I truly won't know until the last minute.
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

All good buddy, i can understand.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

I'm busting ass to try and make it happen though.

Like I said, could be last minute. I'm shooting for 9, but will give an update at 10.
Cakedaddy

Dying Light

Post by Cakedaddy »

Don't try too hard. I'd be ok with the night off. Busy week, and day, and have a big day tomorrow as well.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

This is actually a huge relief. I was on pace to finish around 10, but that's rushing everything. Plus, we have a showing in an hour that is forcing me to leave the house for about 45 minutes.

Ok this week off, but we can't let our four followers down next week! (Yes, we're up to four.)
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

all good with me, this has been a busy time for all im sure. Good luck Leisher!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

Came home today to discover power is back on. I'm still out of school and the fam is going up to the lake, so I'm good to play this weekend.
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

Good to go anytime u guys are.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

We're up to 7 followers.

That Sam guy being so chatty was helpful. Got to work on that resolution issue and I just figured out how to record our sessions.