Dying Light

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

I don't know who, but someone watched us again for four hours last night.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

I’m up for some gaming tonight if u guys are. My son had a minor surgery today and he’s hurting a bit so I may need to afk throughout but that’s fine with me.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

I will be on at 9.

Can't let our fan down!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

Right on
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by TheCatt »

Plot twist: The fan is Leisher on another computer.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

For all I know it's one of you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:00 pm For all I know it's one of you.
Great, schizophrenia strikes again.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:10 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:00 pm For all I know it's one of you.
Great, schizophrenia strikes again.
Impossible. I don't smoke weed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

FYI: We had a viewer again. About 20-30 minutes into the stream they were watching.

Crazy. Wonder if it's some other middle aged gamer who prefers us to some kids?

Just searched them and they have 43 followers on their stream. No videos or info about them though.
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

im down for another night of gaming. Well rested today so i'll be able to play longer.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

I'll be available shortly. I'll go online as soon as I'm ready.
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

i did a little searching around to see what was going on with our XP gains from the other night. Clearly Leisher is cheating somehow and is gaining much more XP than Cake and I.

I found some different things like people saying if the co-op isn't sync'd up then XP gains are will differ, but i'm not sure if thats the case here. Others have said if everybody isn't present upon the time of accepting side quests then XP will be different. This is a possibility, because i'm not sure if i ever notice if i do get XP on side missions.

I do know that when Leisher said how much XP he got for a couple of the quests it was something like 5X more than Cake and I.

I did find that loot you get is based on your level so that makes sense why Leisher was getting way better shit than us.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

Well, one thing that would help you guys understand the difference is if you read the amount of XP you got correctly. :D

How much are the drops worth?
per the difficulty level of your game. 12000 for Normal, 30000 for Hard, 120000 for Nightmare.
Pretty sure we're playing hard difficulty.

There is simply NO WAY you guys only got 30K total when we turned in our drops. How many drops did we do that night? A bunch. Not to mention all the random Rais guys who had requisition packs on them. I know I got two in the office building you didn't get (although Cake said he found one in there) and I got 1 more than you both out of the radio station. Other than that we were pretty equal.

So what you both saw as 30K and change was actually 300K and change.

The only real difference in our XP levels is that somewhere I was able to get ahead of you in power. I'm behind you in agility and everybody is about the same in survivor.

And yes, the game's items and monsters scale with you. I was able to craft that weapon that does 1900 damage, but I applied four upgrades and three different weapon mods.

I've put my legend points in one handed weapons, and I wonder if that is taken into account as well with items?
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

Admittedly, i really haven't payed much attention to the XP gains when it does happen to show up on the screen. But i'm pretty sure that when Cake said 30,000XP it was the same exact number i was just looking at, i just hadn't said it yet. Then you said something about 100K XP. So i know there was a discrepancy there.

Now what i'm not sure of is if it was a requisition pack hand in, a side quest or one of those missions where you help an innocent from one of Rais' men. This could make a big difference too, its possible that you might get more XP from killing more of Rais' men in one of those side quests. The game does seem to try and get you to compete against each other even though you're still in co-op.

In the end, not much of a big deal, just was curious about the differences in XP gains as others have had similar experiences. Just keep dropping me them sweet two handers when you get them and i'm all happy. :mrgreen:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:37 am But i'm pretty sure that when Cake said 30,000XP
Essentially, all of the confusion is Cake's fault because he doesn't know numbers. Why do we let him speak at all?
Stranger wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:37 am Then you said something about 100K XP.
When I turned in those packs I got 462K Survivor XP. So when Cake said he got 36K or whatever, I knew something was not correct. I just didn't know what until now.

I was genuinely irritated with the situation that night though. I know Cake was kidding about an unfair advantage, but it killed the fun for me because I was wondering if hosting was giving me some unfair advantage and was very confused about how I got 462K while you guys only got around 30K.

Anyway, we all get the same survivor XP whenever we do missions. The only discrepancy comes with the number of requisition packs turned in, which aside from the ones listed above from Saturday night, I only remember one other time we got one and Cake didn't. He was having connection issues or something when we were just starting the game. You and I were killing zombies for fun until he connected and we found an air drop. We collected it, but when I brought him back to that spot to collect it, it had despawned.

Agility and power just has to do with how much we move around and kill shit. I do wonder if I got ahead of you both in power because I'm hosting. On more than one occasion I've been running around killing zombies with you or Cake waiting for the other to log on.
Stranger

Dying Light

Post by Stranger »

I know what this is.. streamer privilege..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

You're just jealous of my follower.
Cakedaddy

Dying Light

Post by Cakedaddy »

I didn't read the number wrong. Even if I did, you are still way ahead of us in levels. That doesn't happen from me reading numbers wrong!
"I know why I'm way ahead. Cake is reading numbers wrong!"

The whole game, you've had WAY more money than us, implying you are turning in way more stuff than us. There was that one loot session you were grabbing weapon upgrades like crazy, and Stranger and I only got a couple.

I feel like I'm catching up in power. I get WAY more points now that I'm using swords and stuff as apposed to the bow. The bow is fun, but kills slow. I kill 1 for your 5. Since switching to melee, and hacking shit as we run, I'm grabbing more points. I also think my running around at night (when I manage to not die) is helping me catch up too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dying Light

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:16 pm I didn't read the number wrong. Even if I did, you are still way ahead of us in levels. That doesn't happen from me reading numbers wrong!
"I know why I'm way ahead. Cake is reading numbers wrong!"
So explain how you turned in multiple requisition packs, which give you 30K each on hard difficulty, yet you only got 36K experience.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:16 pm The whole game, you've had WAY more money than us, implying you are turning in way more stuff than us.
I never go back without a full inventory of things to sell. Although, that's only a dozen things or so. However, the thing you apparently haven't noticed is I have never purchased any weapons from the shop until recently. That's why I always had more money. I'm not spending it. Hell, I wasn't even buying the random supplies until you mentioned it a few sessions ago. I simply never bought anything except blueprints and ammo.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:16 pm I feel like I'm catching up in power. I get WAY more points now that I'm using swords and stuff as apposed to the bow. The bow is fun, but kills slow. I kill 1 for your 5. Since switching to melee, and hacking shit as we run, I'm grabbing more points. I also think my running around at night (when I manage to not die) is helping me catch up too.
So you stopped playing the way you were playing, which had you "WAY" behind me in power levels, and now you're playing how I've played all along and suddenly you're getting more points and catching up fast? Weird...

Also, I'm only "WAY" ahead of you in power levels. I am behind both of you in agility by a few levels and we're all about even in survivor levels.
Cakedaddy

Dying Light

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:51 pm So explain how you turned in multiple requisition packs, which give you 30K each on hard difficulty, yet you only got 36K experience.
I have no idea. I only know that both Stranger and I had 35k +/-5k and you said you had way more. But the most compelling evidence of a discrepancy is the lead you have in levels over us. You have 2 legendary points already, we have 0. I'm not saying you're cheating, or screwing us over, or anything. (Stranger did!)
Leisher wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:51 pm I never go back without a full inventory of things to sell. Although, that's only a dozen things or so. However, the thing you apparently haven't noticed is I have never purchased any weapons from the shop until recently. That's why I always had more money. I'm not spending it. Hell, I wasn't even buying the random supplies until you mentioned it a few sessions ago. I simply never bought anything except blueprints and ammo.
I didn't buy anything at first either. Not even ammo. But you had more money than us.
Leisher wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:51 pm So you stopped playing the way you were playing, which had you "WAY" behind me in power levels, and now you're playing how I've played all along and suddenly you're getting more points and catching up fast? Weird...
Not really. It kind of makes sense. I thought it was a pretty good explanation.

There's a discrepancy and/or you are doing things we aren't. Just talking about what they might be.