Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I've heard D&D got crazy popular again during covid.
Everywhere except here.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You're such a Debbie Downer.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Kickstarter for really cool map making software.

They have hit every stretch goal.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Post by Troy »

With no treasure horde, or even pockets, at that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Watching Brian Foster lead a D&D session live and I’ve got to say, Troy was a far superior DM.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:16 pm Watching Brian Foster lead a D&D session live and I’ve got to say, Troy was a far superior DM.
Aww, thanks.

Among my dive, climb, and camping gear rescued from my house. Sci Fi, Design, and D&D books were selected too. My somewhat impressive collection of 5e remains safe:

Not even sure how i'd start again, and not sure I'd want to do it online. But It's been in the back of my head, and I saved them for a reason :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:33 pmAww, thanks.
I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. The man was on stage in front of a live crowd and being live streamed, yet seemed like he had nothing prepared. When he did get into the game, he just wasn't interesting.

I look forward to one day continuing where we all left off with Strahd. Online or off.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They made a documentary about Troy

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Playing D&D with Stranger... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

For some reason this youtube video is being blocked by our network administrator here at work. I'll have to watch this later when i'm home.

You guys were so lucky to play with such a awesome Fighter like me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ok, time to talk about the game, since it aint happening any more.

You guys remember how late in the game BD was acting a little sketch, and I kept saying "BD adjusts he staff he has strapped to his back?"

Once, you guy did a "Detect curse" skill/ability, and while you were running up to it, BD left the room. You yahoos didn't notice.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't remember everything, but I remember Strad offering me a deal. I did not accept, but it was open ended. We were walking into that last fight feeling powerful, but we were actually pretty fragile.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm curious to hear what the hell Stranger had going on, from almost the beginning.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:16 pm I'm curious to hear what the hell Stranger had going on, from almost the beginning.
I do vaguely recall you adjusting your staff, but i guess i figured it was an RP thing that BD had with holding staves.

It's hard to remember the details of things Stranger went through. I know of two instances where Troy pulled me into private chat and i had some things happen to me. One was something like i was met by a ghost that lead to me punching the bartender and you guys losing like 10 years of your life. Might have been because i desecrated that corpse..?

The other i had some Godlike being summon me and offer me great powers, which i of course had to accept! But if i remember correctly, all of the options offered to me had some sort of downside. Which is why i lost my eye.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:44 am you guys losing like 10 years of your life. Might have been because i desecrated that corpse..?
Yeah, it was because you desecrated that corpse.

Troy was a very good DM.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

BD was cursed.... that staff made him power mad.

BD had a plan with the Dungeon Master. As soon as we defeated Strahd, BD had always been looking for a way to take over the castle defenses the way Strahd had. He was going to sit on the throne. You would all kneel, or die.

Unless y'all got that staff off him.

And that was my plan, btw. Troy told me privately the staff would make BD lust for power. The "full universe takeover" was my idea. :-D

So it sounds like we were all corrupted privately, by that world. Interesting.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Very interesting, doesn't surprise me being that it was set in Ravenloft.

So if BD were to lust for power then i'd imagine he would eventually break the tenets of his oath and become an Oathbreaker Paladin. Which is what happens in BG3 when a Paladin doesn't live up to the oath of his choice. :twisted:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't know how that would work.... would BD's god understand that BD was affected by a curse, and not his own free will? Don't know.

Either way, kneel, or die....

Too bad our druid was affected by Strahd's mind control and went insane on us.