Humble Bundle

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

THQ has a bundle on their site at a "pay what you want" price.

Includes

Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
Metro 2033
Darksiders
Red Faction: Armageddon

And if you pay more than than the average price ($5.70 at the time of my purchase), you also got Saints Row: The Third.

I already had the Company of Heroes games. Didn't have the rest. Based on the Metro reviews here, I figured it was worth $6. Plus, Saints Row was included. You do not get giftable copies of games you already own.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1354373334
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That is an amazing deal.

I never loved Company of Heroes like others, but Metro 2033 is worth the price alone. Red Faction: Armaggedon is fun and has tons of gameplay. I've heard decent things about Darksiders. And Saint's Row: The Third is GTA except more adult.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:And Saint's Row: The Third is GTA except more adult.
Like when you try to kill a hooker, her pimp shows up?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

New bundle. For $1, you get Red Orchestra 1 and 2. If you pay more than average (currently $2.88), you get Killing Floor with 11 DLCs and soundtrack. I heard that Killing Floor was $3 worth of fun, so I bought it for that. No idea on Red Orchestra. With past Humble Bundles, they often add more stuff to the bundle for those that paid more than the average. So, it could get even sweeter before all is said and done.
Stranger

Humble Bundle

Post by Stranger »

Killing Floor, free for the next 22 hours.

As with all Humble Bundle games you get a Steam key, so win win.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/killing-floor
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

I have Killing Floor and tried it once. I wasn't blown away.

I am pretty sure I'll do that $12/month Humble Bundle subscription though.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Humble Bundle

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: I have Killing Floor and tried it once. I wasn't blown away.

I am pretty sure I'll do that $12/month Humble Bundle subscription though.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure i'll never even play the game. But its free so i've gotta have it for that reason alone.

The subscription is pretty cool, i got Stellaris in last months bundle and already have about 30-40 hours into it and i haven't even touched the other 6 or 7 games that came with that bundle.

Probably gonna pass on this months bundle because Dark Souls 2 doesn't really interest me.

Just so you know, they will tell you the big named game in the bundle at or around the first of the month and you won't know the rest of the games that come with it until they release the bundle on the last day of the month. That's when you will be charged, and you can pause or cancel your sub at any time.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

This month's Humble Bundle game is Civilization VI and two DLCs. Plus, whatever other games will come with it.

All that for $12.

This monthly thing is pretty awesome. Thanks for pointing it out Stranger!
Stranger

Humble Bundle

Post by Stranger »

YES! its awesome, and if you don't like the "big name" game that comes that month then you can just pause it for the month.

I will definitely be getting it this month, its a much better deal than what Civ VI was during the winter sale and that was without the DLC's.

I'm pretty sure CIV is on sale this month because a major DLC "rise and fall" is dropping on Feb 8th i believe, i'm sure ill be hooked into buying that too. So i guess its pretty good marketing on their part.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by TheCatt »

Too bad I already own Civ VI :(
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

No worries, in February it'll be a whole new game.
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Humble Bundle

Post by Cakedaddy »

A current bundle includes a bunch of Paradox games. Anyone familiar with any of them?

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/para ... le_index_3
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

Changes coming to the monthly plan.

Basically, it looks like if you're subscribed BEFORE this starts you get no changes aside from more games per month. Might be a way for them to entice people to say subscribed rather than duck out every month.

https://youtu.be/A1Ru7ORNPRc
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

Bigger changes than I thought.

Essentially, join right before this goes live or get stuck with a much higher rate whenever you do join...and for fewer games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by TheCatt »

Seems vague about what the new system will be?
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

I don't think the link is vague.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I don't think the link is vague.
I didn't see a price or how pricing would work?
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Are you just watching the video or going to the link I posted?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Are you just watching the video or going to the link I posted?
Just the link