Fortnite

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

What to know before playing.

Sounds interesting.

Definitely a game I'd play with friends and not strangers.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux

Fortnite

Post by thibodeaux »

My son (13yo) is a bigtime "battle Royale" player of this, sometimes solo, sometimes with his homies. I watched them play some; they would typically drop into a group of buildings, load up, and go run around trying to shoot people. And they usually make it to top 50 or so (of 100 players).

This weekend I "coached" my son:
- Had him drop into a wooded area close-ish to the middle of the map, where there's usually some good loot and usually NOT many other players
- Had him just run to a bush right inside the next "circle" and hide
- Had him NOT FIRE on other players that would run by his blind

So basically: just hide and wait.

And he won :) It got down to him and one other player, and the circle was TINY. He was hiding in a bush, and the other guy ran past. "Light him up!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

You should quit your job, take him out of school, and get him an eSports contract.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Fortnite

Post by thibodeaux »

He's not THAT good. If he doesn't get wrecked right away, he can make it to the top 10 pretty easy. But he does not do well in a shootout.
GORDON
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by GORDON »

thibodeaux wrote: My son (13yo) is a bigtime "battle Royale" player of this, sometimes solo, sometimes with his homies. I watched them play some; they would typically drop into a group of buildings, load up, and go run around trying to shoot people. And they usually make it to top 50 or so (of 100 players).

- Had him drop into a wooded area close-ish to the middle of the map, where there's usually some good loot and usually NOT many other players

And he won :) It got down to him and one other player, and the circle was TINY. He was hiding in a bush, and the other guy ran past. "Light him up!"
A couple days after you told this story, my son told me he's been playing this game. So I told him this story. My kid says, "He's a bush camper? Everybody HATES bush campers!"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

OMG Thib's so lame!
thibodeaux

Fortnite

Post by thibodeaux »

GORDON wrote:
A couple days after you told this story, my son told me he's been playing this game. So I told him this story. My kid says, "He's a bush camper? Everybody HATES bush campers!"
Yeah, my son said the same thing but he's still doing it :D
thibodeaux

Fortnite

Post by thibodeaux »

It's really painful to watch him play with his buddies. They're all 12 or 13, so they just do retarded shit. And they're always antagonizing each other. And they have no idea how to play as a team. They're all running around doing something dumb.
GORDON
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by GORDON »

In Overwatch (or something) he just got ranked Gold, and he said the community is much more pleasant, now, because the screaming kids are back in Silver (or whatever).
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

They did some massive map update.

Two million concurrent players.

I wonder how many they've stolen from PUBG because of the out of control cheating?
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Fortnite

Post by Troy »

I wonder how long before it starts becoming a problem in Fornite?
thibodeaux

Fortnite

Post by thibodeaux »

OOC...how does one cheat at PUBG? In general, I mean. I'm not looking for a "how-to."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: OOC...how does one cheat at PUBG? In general, I mean. I'm not looking for a "how-to."
I assume auto-aimers and other tools like that. Or like those ones that can tell where other players are by reading the packets, and tell you.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
thibodeaux wrote: OOC...how does one cheat at PUBG? In general, I mean. I'm not looking for a "how-to."
I assume auto-aimers and other tools like that. Or like those ones that can tell where other players are by reading the packets, and tell you.
Basically, yes. You can google it or get on YouTube and see cheats in action.

The Rust server I play on immediately perma bans anyone that tries to get onto it who has a VAC ban on their Steam account. I like that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

Fortnite is now the most watched game on Twitch.

Every time I see Fortnite doing well I'm reminded that we dodged the bullet called PUBG.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by GORDON »

thibodeaux wrote: My son (13yo) is a bigtime "battle Royale" player of this, sometimes solo, sometimes with his homies. I watched them play some; they would typically drop into a group of buildings, load up, and go run around trying to shoot people. And they usually make it to top 50 or so (of 100 players).

1Y8194vDO5SIA7BE_vVtVKym-1SFF-Hv7ivMUE3c_1s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.