Fortnite

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

Keep in mind that this isn't just one guy or one dance. It's many, and I definitely think Turk has a case since he invented his.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Fortnite

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Keep in mind that this isn't just one guy or one dance. It's many, and I definitely think Turk has a case since he invented his.
Even that one, wouldn't it belong to the Scrubs production company? He made it for the show while under their employ.

I'm mainly taking this stance because of the amount of times I've seen cases where an employee wrote a piece of software in their own time, but on a work device, so the company gets rights on it. You really need a very specific contract for this not to be true.

edit: Maybe the best avenue would be for the production company to sue and the actor gets x% from their royalty rights
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

I completely agree with you about how something you invent on company time is theirs.

Obviously, there is something at play here or all these different people wouldn't be filing suit. Certainly the recording artists have much firmer ground to stand on...?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

Currently top dog, but everyone is now aiming for it.

Also, that $15 billion is sliced up more ways than I thought.

From that article:
EA needs a new hit more badly than its competitors
Is that correct gramatically?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

I think you need a verb at the end, "EA needs a new hit more badly than its competitors do"

But I mean, you understood it :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

Ads for Fortnite were playing with videos made by predators to exploit children on YouTube.

Where is "Anonymous" and other hacker groups who claim to be fighting for the greater good? It can't be difficult to find these pedos and expose them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

Fortnite was the most popular game on Twitch for 11 straight months, then Apex Legends took over.

Shockingly, LoL bumped Fortnite out of the #2 spot.

Are people getting sick of Fortnite? Is this push back for their featureless launcher and bringing the bullshit "exclusive titles" strategy to PC?

I know since the Metro Exodus fiasco I haven't even touched the Epic Games Launcher. I, literally, just opened it to grab the free game (Slime Rancher) right this second, but haven't done anything else. In fact, since it was released, the only game I ever played on this launcher was Subnautica, but I loved that so much and hated the exclusive shit so much I bought it on Steam and deleted the install related to Epic Games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

$$$ would be a better measure than playing time, imho. If all the freebie users leave, who cares?
thibodeaux

Fortnite

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: $$$ would be a better measure than playing time, imho. If all the freebie users leave, who cares?
You gotta have n00bs to slaughter
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote:
TheCatt wrote: $$$ would be a better measure than playing time, imho. If all the freebie users leave, who cares?
You gotta have n00bs to slaughter
Exactly.

Having only pay to play people left is going to dramatically reduce your player base.

Keep in mind, someone who paid $2.99 for a dance animation is considered a "paying player". You think those guys are sticking around forever?

That other game that is currently dethroning Fortnite, why do I always forget its name?, is stealing all those free players that "don't matter". But it does. That's why Fortnite's numbers are dropping across the board.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

Fortnite and PUBG banned in Iraq.

Why?
"due to the negative effects caused by some electronic games on the health, culture, and security of Iraqi society, including societal and moral threats to children and youth."
I could probably think of something else pretty prevalent in Iraq that is worse for children than video games...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I could probably think of something else pretty prevalent in Iraq that is worse for children than video games...
Sand?
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by GORDON »

That's a pretty big shot fired.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: That's a pretty big shot fired.
And, they are not wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: That's a pretty big shot fired.
And, they are not wrong.
I'm still picking a side.

I think I might be leaning towards Epic being wrong. Mostly because I hate them, but also because I don't think I agree that Apple has to allow every software developer access to their platform.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think I might be leaning towards Epic being wrong. Mostly because I hate them, but also because I don't think I agree that Apple has to allow every software developer access to their platform.
I think they do; OR, they have to allow multiple marketplaces. Either way: monopolistic.