Twitch

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by TheCatt »

is giving away 8 Switches over the next 24 hours.

I just got a $50 Amazon gift card from it. Watching while watching UNC game.

About 70 people watching him right now.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by Leisher »

Toying with the idea of lowering streamer's cut from 70% to 50%.
On the flip side, the sources speaking with Bloomberg said the company may consider easing up on its exclusivity restrictions which would let creators stream on other platforms and potentially raking in some additional income there as well.
Oh well that makes up for it... :roll:

They claim that despite a viewership surge, thanks to the pandemic, they have lost 360 employees in the past year and a quarter. Hmm, call me crazy, but perhaps your management is the problem?

Twitch is NOTHING without its streamers, but clearly the morons in charge don't understand that. I'm sure they're getting heat from their masters at Amazon to constantly boost profit so Wall St will be pleased.

Twitch is owned by Amazon who had a record Q1:
In the first quarter of 2021, the company posted a record $108.5 billion in revenue which comes out to nearly triple its revenue from the same time the previous year.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, but Amazon's profit mostly comes from AWS so these other parts need to contribute
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:20 pm Yeah, but Amazon's profit mostly comes from AWS so these other parts need to contribute
Hey listen, if Marvel movies weren't profitable, I'd expect Disney to clean house. However, Twitch is profitable and that number is growing.

Pushing to maximize the profit they are already making at the expense of your business' future is short sighted "please Wall St" garbage where the only people that win are the investors and the C level executives who cash out before the business goes belly up. Honestly contemplating a 20% increase in the cut you're taking from the very people who create 100% of your content is absolute insanity when you're making a billion dollars in revenue.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by TheCatt »

That link only shows revenue, not profit
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by Leisher »

Apparently, Amazon doesn't share the profits of Twitch publicly, but they did pull in $2B in 2020. If they're not profitable then someone is skimming 70% off the top.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:00 pm Apparently, Amazon doesn't share the profits of Twitch publicly, but they did pull in $2B in 2020. If they're not profitable then someone is skimming 70% off the top.
It's possible that the $2Bn includes the "Creator 70%", which would give them $600Mn. Which I would hope at least 25-33% is profit. I didn't read and Amazon doesn't break much data out.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by Leisher »

I just know that if you tell the actual creators of 100% of your content that you're taking another 20% of their money so their cut is only 50%, you're going to put yourself out of business.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:49 pm I just know that if you tell the actual creators of 100% of your content that you're taking another 20% of their money so their cut is only 50%, you're going to put yourself out of business.
Well, AMZN lost money last quarter overall.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by GORDON »

Cool new service opens up.

Creators like it and use it to the extent it becomes their main source of income, in some cases.

"ha ha fuck you we're taking more of your money because we have to make this quarter looks good so our stock goes up by a penny."

Maybe they should grandfather in the people who were there before the rule changes so the company seems less evil.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by TheCatt »

If you have Amazon Prime, you get 1 free Twitch prime subscription. If we all used it on a single account, we'd get, uh 30% of whatever that works out as, back to us. Right?
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by Leisher »

So if we all streamed randomly on one account?

"Old guys gaming"
Cakedaddy

Twitch

Post by Cakedaddy »

I think he's saying we all sub to your channel, and you kick back our share.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:47 pm I think he's saying we all sub to your channel, and you kick back our share.
This
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by Leisher »

Ah! What's that break out to? Is it worth it?

I still have probably a hundred keys to games I could give out while streaming. With a bit of clever marketing I'll be we could get our audience into the teens. :lol:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:51 pm Ah! What's that break out to? Is it worth it?
I honestly have no idea. I only read that twitch gives "full value" of a prime subscription as a normal one. What's a normal one? Looks like $5/month.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by TheCatt »

I went to leisher's twitch page, but didn't even see a subscribe button.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by Leisher »

I haven't ever done anything with Twitch aside from creating that page. I'll look tonight and see if there's more I need to do.
Cakedaddy

Twitch

Post by Cakedaddy »

The dude owns a Porche. He's working hard to wring $2.50 per month from Amazon!

But when you figure it out, let me know. . .
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitch

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:42 pm He's working hard to wring $2.50 per month from Amazon!
Sadly, only $1.50 :) But I mean, how do you think I saved up for a Porsche?