Borderlands 3

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Borderlands 3

Post by Cakedaddy »

We picked up a TOOOOONNNNNN of stuff last week, and sold it pretty quick. We weren't holding anything up! I wasn't examining real close because I knew I was going to be picking up 15 more things in a minute. If I miss 'the best one', I'll get another one shortly.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:09 am I really don't know how you guys rapidly dump a gun for another just based on color or stats
It is a little harder to tell now than B2, used to be a higher level weapon or weapon score will usually be better than lower level. Doesn't seem to be the case in B3. I'm pretty sure i've passed up many guns that may be better than one i'm currently using but since were leveling up i know its not something permanent so i just choose whatever feels good and seems to do enough damage.

Also, the manufacturer of the gun tells you alot. You know a Jacobs is going to be single shot, high damage no frills gun. Tediore are the throw it to reload it gun. Torgue are slow projectiles that explode. COV, infinite magazine size. Maliwan is always two forms of elemental damage.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Borderlands 3

Post by Cakedaddy »

I also take into consideration how easy the game is. Do I NEED 10 more DPS? Not really. I'm plowing through everything just fine as is. If something looks like it's going to be a significant upgrade, I pop off a few rounds to make sure the gun will be fun to use. I don't like those guns you have to charge up before firing. And some, seem like they won't be very effective at all, but look REALLY cool when fired so I use them for a bit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:00 pm We weren't holding anything up!
This is very true. I don't think we spent more than a few seconds offloading stuff and moving on.
Stranger wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:03 pm Also, the manufacturer of the gun tells you alot. You know a Jacobs is going to be single shot, high damage no frills gun. Tediore are the throw it to reload it gun. Torgue are slow projectiles that explode. COV, infinite magazine size. Maliwan is always two forms of elemental damage.
Also true, but... I used to sell all COV stuff just because, but then I used one gun of theirs a lot. Now I have to give them all a peak. Which manufacturer are you missing? Seems like a lot of my guns are _____ (or are they Maliwan?).
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:10 pm Do I NEED 10 more DPS?
Honestly, damage is usually the last thing I look at.

I remember selling a favorite weapon in BL2 because I got a new rifle with mega damage, a huge mag, and so on. Took it to the range and it absolutely sucked ass. I was bummed and ineffective until I found a new gun. Not going through that again. I'm sure we've all had a moment where it feels like our guns aren't doing shit and it sucks.

-The very first thing I look at is type. I have no need for sniper rifles and most shotguns.
-After that is color. Whites and greens have been getting sold immediately because of the loot splosions and whatnot. Blues get a cursory look, purples and oranges a longer look.
-Then I sell anything not annoited to my class.
-Then I look at magazine size and if there's a note about "uses _ ammo per shot". I eliminate a LOT of weapons with this step. I want to shoot, not spend my time reloading.
-If it's still in my inventory, I want to take a peek at them in the range. That's where I test the feel and how it shoots.
-Then, finally, I'll look at damage.

Am I hosting tonight?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:09 am I still have at least one green gun that is 20 levels under what we currently have because it's still far more effective than some of the purples and oranges being dropped right now.
Impossible!

Yeah, I used to sniper a fair amount in BL2, but I never do it now. Probably cuz yall just go aggro so fast instead of being tactical.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:33 pm This is very true. I don't think we spent more than a few seconds offloading stuff and moving on.
i know, i'm just fucking with you guys.
Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:33 pm Am I hosting tonight?
Yeah, lets have you host. I think it's more of a BL3 issue when the game crashes than one of our PC's but since you easily have the best one might as well have you do it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:33 pm Which manufacturer are you missing?

There are a few i left out. I posted this few pages back, it gives a little rundown of what each Mfg. do.

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:56 pmImpossible!
Not impossible. The same was true in the first two games too. Sometimes there are weapons that are just awesome so matter what color they are...you racist!
TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:56 pm Probably cuz yall just go aggro so fast instead of being tactical.
If you think I'm above driving down South just to bitch slap you, you are mistaken!
Stranger wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:12 pm Yeah, lets have you host. I think it's more of a BL3 issue when the game crashes than one of our PC's but since you easily have the best one might as well have you do it.
Ok, I will be ready. And also, I agree about the issue being in the code.

Dahl!!! That's my manufacturer of choice right now. They make the best assault rifles.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:41 pm Not impossible. The same was true in the first two games too. Sometimes there are weapons that are just awesome so matter what color they are...you racist!
Orange or nothing.

I race online, and there's like 50 bikes you can choose. But one of them looks like this:

so it's the coolest bike in the game. As far as I am concerned, it's the only bike in game, and I ride it about 99% of the time. I make an exception for offroad terrain cuz MTBs excel on it.
Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:41 pm If you think I'm above driving down South just to bitch slap you, you are mistaken!
But not mistaken about how fast yall trigger agro! :P
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:25 pm
Leisher wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:24 pm Just FYI for Catt, we went and killed a couple of "special" bosses, but not any of those legendary ones. Just normal spawn guys with special names.

We also moved up to Mayhem mode 4.
Cool, what level did yall make it to? And any cool loot?

Stranger griefed me into checking my desktop, it has a Radeon 580 which was a $180 card 2 years ago. Probably better than my laptop, should probably rearrange my office so I can actually use it.
I asked work if they would be me one of the new Alienware M15 R7 laptops because my friends were making fun of my current one. We'll see.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:39 pm I asked work if they would be me one of the new Alienware M15 R7 laptops because my friends were making fun of my current one. We'll see.
Holy shit, that thing is a beast! hope you get it.

Along those same lines, i got the ok from my wife to build a new PC. We've already booked a weekend in Columbus in March so i can go to Microcenter and the rest of the family can go to Legoland. Perfect!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:41 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:39 pm I asked work if they would be me one of the new Alienware M15 R7 laptops because my friends were making fun of my current one. We'll see.
Holy shit, that thing is a beast! hope you get it.
Me too. My boss said "So, you want us to buy you a gaming PC?" I kinda laughed, he laughed. He said he got it, cuz last time he want a performance machine for his home, the were all "gaming" machines. Soo.... signs are promising, but the CFO has to review it first.
Stranger wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:41 pm Along those same lines, i got the ok from my wife to build a new PC. We've already booked a weekend in Columbus in March so i can go to Microcenter and the rest of the family can go to Legoland. Perfect!!
SWEET! I have no idea what's a good build any more, and good luck getting a graphics card :) I heard there were ones coming out that were purposely bad at mining or something?
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:46 pm signs are promising, but the CFO has to review it first.
Damn, i need to work where you work! :mrgreen:
TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:46 pm SWEET! I have no idea what's a good build any more, and good luck getting a graphics card
I know i'm going to go for the I5-12600k and one of the Z690 Mobo's and an M.2 NVMe SSD. Might hold off on the graphics card for now unless Microcenter has like a 3070 in stock (which they currently do for $750.. ouch) but i need CPU update more than a graphics card at this time.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:25 pm but i need CPU update more than a graphics card at this time.
Truth :)

This new(?) performance core/efficient-core thing is interesting, I hope it works out well in the 12th gen chips. I haven't read much about them. But my current laptop is 3 gens behind, has a mediocre GPU, and CANNOT supply enough watts to both the CPU + GPU To max them out without throttling first due to heat. Hopefully that laptop will fix it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:25 pm Damn, i need to work where you work!
Also, we had a really good year last year, so I'm hoping that if I ask now, while everyone's still basking in the glow of last year, it'll get approved more easily :)
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:59 pm This new(?) performance core/efficient-core thing is interesting, I hope it works out well in the 12th gen chips. I haven't read much about them. But my current laptop is 3 gens behind, has a mediocre GPU, and CANNOT supply enough watts to both the CPU + GPU To max them out without throttling first due to heat. Hopefully that laptop will fix it.
Was considering the I5-12400 for about $100+ less but i also use my PC for music recording and having multiple plug ins running at a time so i'll opt for the better CPU in this case.

As for the heat throttling, a good Mobo will take care of that. Having good VRM's with higher current output and heat sinks on them will really help with that. I'm not an overclocker but i see what heat and cheap voltage regulation does to electronics every day. So i'll be buying one of the better Mobo's when i do purchase one.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

I'm going to be out this Friday. Wife and i are heading to see a friend of ours band play for the night. I can play Saturday though.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I am also out this Friday. Saturday is a giant maybe. There's a sleepover happening and it'll be right outside my office. 18 16-17 year olds. I don't know yet how that's going to play out.

I'm also definitely out the entire weekend of the 18th.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:09 pm I'm also definitely out the entire weekend of the 18th.
Same.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:21 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:09 pm I'm also definitely out the entire weekend of the 18th.
Same.
Dude!!! You're making it too obvious!!