Borderlands 3

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:33 am What level are yall, about? I might be able to join tonight.
Not exactly sure, but i think we're somewhere in the 12-15 range.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

I also purchased the season pass today DLC today so i'll have that whenever we decide to run those.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Just FYI Catt, we don't skip story stuff and your participation means you agree to being included in the live Twitch stream :D

You are welcome to hop in and out whenever or join us permanently, just stick to our level. At least while we're in the story. Mainly just for loot and enemy scaling purposes.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:04 pm just stick to our level. At least while we're in the story. Mainly just for loot and enemy scaling purposes.
Now i can't speak for how Cake and Leisher might feel about this, but it really doesn't matter what level your character is.

Borderlands 3 offers players two new group modes to choose from when playing. You get to decide if you want you and your friends to have a fair, civil game, or an every-man-for-himself bloodbath. The choice is yours!

Cooperation mode- This mode introduces level-scaling. Players with different levels will receive enemies adjusted to their personal level. Let’s say player one is level 20, and player two is level 35. Player one will see enemies in the level 20 range, while player two will see enemies at the level 35 range.

Loot drops will be different too. Each player will receive their own personal loot leveled to them. This means no more loot-sharing and arguing over who gets the best loot.

Coopetition Mode- This technically isn’t a new mode, it just has a new name. This is classic Borderlands co-op mode. This means that the game will be leveled to the host player. While this puts lower-leveled players at a disadvantage, at least the can rack up the XP.

Loot drops follow the classic borderlands rules as well in this mode. Loot is dropped at the level of the host, and the loot is first come first serve.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Remember, Cake made us turn off Cooperation mode, so level is important. Unless he wants to back off of that stance.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:04 pm you agree to being included in the live Twitch stream
I'll bust out my tassels if I make it.
Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:04 pm You are welcome to hop in and out whenever or join us permanently, just stick to our level. At least while we're in the story. Mainly just for loot and enemy scaling purposes.
Well, right now I'm Level 2 :)

I'll see if I can level up a little.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:25 pm Remember, Cake made us turn off Cooperation mode, so level is important. Unless he wants to back off of that stance.
Yep, i remember and i'm totally fine playing that way. Just putting that out there just in case someone wasn't completely aware of our options.

Good thing is, if we play that way and Catt is lower than us he would catch up to our level pretty quickly.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, we would definitely help you level up fast if you're only 2. You'd die a lot, but who cares?

Do you mind missing some of the story? We are currently...I know we're on Sanctuary, but I don't remember the planet name.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:45 pm You'd die a lot, but who cares?
I die a lot on my own, so no diff.
Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:45 pm Do you mind missing some of the story? We are currently...I know we're on Sanctuary, but I don't remember the planet name.
Nah.

My spouse is OOTO with our oldest, just my youngest, so I should be available around 9pm, is that when things start?
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

We start between 9-10, yeah. Depends on when everyone is ready.

Oh, what character did you go with?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:04 pm Oh, what character did you go with?
Uh... shooter gun girl?
- edit - Moze
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I am also Moze.

I'm specializing in the minigun area, so try going with another specialty, like the railgun.
Cakedaddy

Borderlands 3

Post by Cakedaddy »

I voted coopetition because the game is already easy. Guaranteeing ammo and weapons tailored directly for you just makes it easier. I would be ok with Catt hosting up to 5 levels above us. I realize the enemies get harder (I would welcome a challenge in BL which I feel it has never had), and that I'd have to wait a while before getting to use any of the weapons I find. But again, I'm all for playing BL on what amounts to a harder setting. But, being that he's level 2, I'd rather one of us hosting so the opposite doesn't happen. (SUPER easy enemies, worthless loot).
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:46 pm I am also Moze.

I'm specializing in the minigun area, so try going with another specialty, like the railgun.
K, so far I haven't spent any skill points, so I'll check it out.

I'm up to level 7, which is as far as I can probably go before tonight.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

I'm good for whatever mode. If I die, I die, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Do yall use Troy's discord server, or what? Swimming event is over, so I'm online.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

i'm good whenever. just redeemed my season pass and didn't realize i'd be downloading 31GB more.. ugh
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

We use Sophisticated Gamers now. i think i've seen ur name in that group.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Well that was fun. Like (Stranger?) said, it did seem like the level disparity was dramatically less in BL3 than it was in 2. Felt like the damage/etc was exponential in BL2, but more linear in BL3

What level did yall end up at?
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

21?? im good to play tonight if anyone is down. up to u guys
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!