Borderlands 3

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I'll be closer to 9:30-10. I have to do pick up for the swim team and then take the kids to Kroger for supplies for tomorrow's big swim meet.

However, I no longer have to drive to Cleveland tomorrow, so I'm good to play as long as we want.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:59 pm I'll be closer to 9:30-10. I have to do pick up for the swim team and then take the kids to Kroger for supplies for tomorrow's big swim meet.

However, I no longer have to drive to Cleveland tomorrow, so I'm good to play as long as we want.
I did a long bike ride today, so past midnight will be hard for me tonight.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Just FYI for Catt, we went and killed a couple of "special" bosses, but not any of those legendary ones. Just normal spawn guys with special names.

We also moved up to Mayhem mode 4.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:24 pm Just FYI for Catt, we went and killed a couple of "special" bosses, but not any of those legendary ones. Just normal spawn guys with special names.

We also moved up to Mayhem mode 4.
Cool, what level did yall make it to? And any cool loot?

Stranger griefed me into checking my desktop, it has a Radeon 580 which was a $180 card 2 years ago. Probably better than my laptop, should probably rearrange my office so I can actually use it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:25 pm Stranger griefed me into checking my desktop, it has a Radeon 580 which was a $180 card 2 years ago. Probably better than my laptop, should probably rearrange my office so I can actually use it.
Oof, the CPU on that machine is from 2015.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:25 pm Cool, what level did yall make it to? And any cool loot?
The Mayhem mode had the random effect of lootsplosions, so yes, loads of loot. So much that we left tons behind and nobody is even looking at things worth less than $10K. We had rocket launchers dropping worth $90K. I ended the night just shy of $8M and hadn't sold my last load of stuff yet.

(Side note: Last night I realized the artifact I have enabled gives me a large percentage... I think 11%...of additional gold.)
TheCatt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:03 pm Oof, the CPU on that machine is from 2015.
Are you aware it's 2021? You can get much better cards at pretty reasonable prices.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 pm Are you aware it's 2021? You can get much better cards at pretty reasonable prices.
CPUs I assume you mean? Good luck finding a graphics card anywhere for a half-decent price.
Leisher wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 pm . I ended the night just shy of $8M and hadn't sold my last load of stuff yet.
God damn.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

anyone gaming tonight? just got home
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I saw your text too, but not tonight. I really was tempted to accept, but it's been a long ass day.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:25 pm Cool, what level did yall make it to? And any cool loot?
Pretty sure i dinged level 48 right before we logged off.
TheCatt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:25 pm Stranger griefed me into checking my desktop, it has a Radeon 580
Yeah, i'd prefer this to playing on any laptop. i Just can't do laptop gaming. Insane how much video cards are right now with all the crypto mining going on. I do listen to a podcast call Techonomics, they seem to think that this year supply will catch up, price of cryto falling and mining becoming more expensive than its worth that many people will be selling off some decent cards in the near future for much better prices.

Although i still think my 1080 (thx Leisher!!) is still pretty good, It's my 3rd gen i-5 thats starting to show its age. Of course this means a whole new Mobo and such so its a pretty pricey expenditure, but CPU prices are actually in a good place right now.

ALso:

5HWB3-3K66K-FXX35-933JJ-H63JK = 3 gold keys. Exp Feb 3rd.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:01 am It's my 3rd gen i-5 thats starting to show its age. Of course this means a whole new Mobo and such so its a pretty pricey expenditure, but CPU prices are actually in a good place right now.
Isn't that CPU like a decade old? I'm surprised anything runs :)
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:07 am Isn't that CPU like a decade old? I'm surprised anything runs
Yep, i purchased and built my current rig back in 2012 and 3rd gen was probably at least a year old at that time. I've since installed a new SSD, power supply, and RAM but the mobo and CPU have been the same. I don't have any problems running just about everything i've wanted, granted WoW and League of Legends aren't exactly new AAA titles.

I still get pretty good framerate (70-80 FPS) on B3 but all settings have to be set to low, it was about the same with Dying Light when we played that. So its time for an upgrade.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Big snow storm coming in this afternoon and i already know i won't be working tomorrow. I'd be down to play some if you guys are. If not B3 then something else is fine too.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

That's a no from me dawg.

Even though we'll, more than likely, get snowed in, I'm still going to be working bright and early, just remotely.

I should be good for Friday though. I really want to find those giant monsters.
Cakedaddy

Borderlands 3

Post by Cakedaddy »

With Dying Light 2 releasing on 2/4, and being that you bought it already, what affect will that have on Friday nights? Are you going to run though it alone?
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:46 pm With Dying Light 2 releasing on 2/4, and being that you bought it already, what affect will that have on Friday nights? Are you going to run though it alone?
I will absolutely still be down for BL3 Fridays. No question.

I'm fine playing through DL2 alone and also multiing it later, just like I did with DL. However, if you all wanted to run through it together, I'd happily wait. I just started Journey to the Savage Planet, so I'm in no rush to run to DL2.

Although, I will be ADAMENT about not skipping story stuff or talking through it. BL3 I didn't care about as much because, well honestly, it sucked.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 pm The Mayhem mode had the random effect of lootsplosions, so yes, loads of loot. So much that we left tons behind and nobody is even looking at things worth less than $10K. We had rocket launchers dropping worth $90K. I ended the night just shy of $8M and hadn't sold my last load of stuff yet.
Whoa. I played some this afternoon to catch up, and turned on mayhem with loosplosions - every critical + 10% of other deaths.

It was awesome.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:33 pm Whoa. I played some this afternoon to catch up, and turned on mayhem with loosplosions - every critical + 10% of other deaths.

It was awesome.
Yeah, that was pretty cool.. But waiting on Cake and Leisher to comb through all that shit and sell it can be torture! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you get to level 48? i believe thats about where we all ended up at last week.

Are we good to farm some more bosses tonight? i'm good to go.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:55 am But waiting on Cake and Leisher to comb through all that shit and sell it can be torture!
Hah!

I'm easy: Is it orange: Keep it. Is it purple: Examine it

If not: Trash.

I should be good, but will probably have to duck out at midnight kid has early saturday climbing until her big meet in a couple of weeks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:08 amI'm easy
That confirms what it says on the bathroom walls.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:08 am Is it orange: Keep it. Is it purple: Examine it

If not: Trash.
I still have at least one green gun that is 20 levels under what we currently have because it's still far more effective than some of the purples and oranges being dropped right now.

Whites are automatic sells. As are sniper rifles and most shotguns. I really want to keep my kit as a handgun, submachine gun, assault rifle (primary), and a rocket launcher.

I really don't know how you guys rapidly dump a gun for another just based on color or stats. I need to take it to the range and get a feel for it. Some guns have great stats, but handle for shit.

I'll be ready to go at 9.