Borderlands 3

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:22 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:08 pm They are much bigger, but there are missions we have that we haven't done,
WHO'S SPEEDRUNNING NOW?
Still you.

Your poor wife...Stop and enjoy the scenery every once in a while! :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:09 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:22 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:08 pm They are much bigger, but there are missions we have that we haven't done,
WHO'S SPEEDRUNNING NOW?
Still you.

Jeez.. I'm LITERALLY exploring the scenery while you run to the diamond ignoring everything.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:09 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:09 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:22 pm WHO'S SPEEDRUNNING NOW?
Still you.

Jeez.. I'm LITERALLY exploring the scenery while you run to the diamond ignoring everything.
I honestly gave up trying to be immersed in the story during this playthrough. I've made peace with that and it has been aided by the fact that this game lacks the charm and character of the previous installment. The story is genuinely boring and the humor comes across as trying too hard. Plus, most of the fights have really sucked.

Thus, I'm just doing what you guys say and that's been just follow the diamonds. I'm having fun, but really looking forward to the 2nd playthrough when we can go much faster, get in better fights, and start facing off against those "super baddies". I think that'll be a lot more fun for all of us.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:27 pm Thus, I'm just doing what you guys say and that's been just follow the diamonds. I'm having fun, but really looking forward to the 2nd playthrough when we can go much faster, get in better fights, and start facing off against those "super baddies". I think that'll be a lot more fun for all of us.
Well, I was just trying to stick with yall, but ended up behind most of the time. I was trying to make an effort to get the logs. Though they weren't really paying off. I think I literally tripped the story forward one time, by accident, cuz I thought I was exploring the current room, but the trigger was at the edge of the room or something.

Jack was >> the two kids
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:34 pm Jack was >> the two kids
Understatement.

Even the second tier characters aren't paying off like they did in the last game. "At the sound of Ned screaming in torturous pain, the time will be 2:22." A line I originally missed because Malcolm talked over it...
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

It's weird, because just about all the side missions that we accept are way underlevel compared to where we are. The fact that we were doing a main story mission and everything was 5 levels below us is odd also.

I'm personally looking forward to getting into True Vault Hunter Mode where the game ramps up a little more. The first playthrough has always been quite easy in Borderlands, but we are absolutely destroying the AI.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Speaking of, I am 100% out this Friday. Not sure about Saturday. Even if I'm free, I might want the evening to myself.

I get to drive back and forth to Cleveland on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. Yay!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Almost certainly out Saturday.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:41 pm Almost certainly out Saturday.
Might be availble saturday, life is complicated
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I should be back in town in time. Still not sure if I'll want to play, but maybe.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

I should be able to play tomorrow if everyone else is. I'll be in Steam.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

C's mom is in the final stages of her cancer battle, so we canceled our party plans for tomorrow... so if we're still in a holding pattern, I'm available.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Sorry to hear that Catt..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

I'm out, had some drinks, but need to sleep to keep things sane around here.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I wasn't feeling it tonight anyway. Cleveland was a shit show (explained elsewhere), I'm tired, and my day has been all about others. I want to watch a movie and relax.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Pretty sure this weekend is out because of Christmas. But I'm not working on Friday though so i am available Thursday night if anyone else is looking to play some.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

I am a maybe for Thursday
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Cool little resource for everything Borderlands. Lots of filter options for all the gear, pretty sweet. Definitely bookmarking this page.

https://www.lootlemon.com/
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I can play Thursday.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:37 pm Pitchford quits games and moves to movies.
Probably related.